D
Posted By
Dave
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a layer in a new image for the former image.
I thought I can only drag & drop or copy & paste to the first image but something is holding it
like superglue. How is this done?

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
Dave
May 9, 2005
On Mon, 09 May 2005 20:21:39 +0200, DD wrote:

I thought I can only drag & drop or copy & paste to the first image but something is holding it

Dave

‘kay ignore this one.
I copied it outside PS and pasted it back.
Wanted to do it without going out.
Thanks anyway:-

Dave
N
nomail
May 9, 2005
DD wrote:

Dave

‘kay ignore this one.

You can do it without going out. Use the ‘Move Tool’. Just select the layer you want to copy, then go to the window of the image itself (not the layer pallette) and drag the image to the window (not the layer palette) of the other image.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
D
Dave
May 9, 2005
On Mon, 9 May 2005 22:16:42 +0200, (Johan W.
Elzenga) wrote:

DD wrote:

Dave

‘kay ignore this one.

You can do it without going out. Use the ‘Move Tool’. Just select the layer you want to copy, then go to the window of the image itself (not the layer pallette) and drag the image to the window (not the layer palette) of the other image.

thanx Johan, I tried what you said and it work. Reading your description also points out where my mistake was.
I tried to work from the layer palette.

(I restored a photo and added a frame to it, building the frame as a new image instead of in the same image.Then the frame had to be copied to the photo:-)

Dave
E
edjh
May 10, 2005
DD wrote:
Elzenga) wrote:

DD wrote:

Dave

‘kay ignore this one.

thanx Johan, I tried what you said and it work. Reading your description also points out where my mistake was.

(I restored a photo and added a frame to it, building the frame as a new image instead of in the same image.Then the frame had to be copied to the photo:-)

Dave
NOTE: You can drag FROM the Layers palette but not TO it.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
D
Dave
May 10, 2005
On Tue, 10 May 2005 00:40:36 GMT, edjh wrote:

DD wrote:
Elzenga) wrote:

DD wrote:

Dave

‘kay ignore this one.

Dave
NOTE: You can drag FROM the Layers palette but not TO it.

Thanks ED, I’ll remember that one too.
I had quite a battle before asking, and should have tried it straight to the image, but clever me only tried to the pallete.

Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections