S
Posted By
SamMan
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where is the Adobe Gamma utility located for CS? For version 7, it is found in the control panel (Windows), but with CS it is not there.

Thanks.

SamMan
Rip it to reply

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
noone
May 5, 2005
In article <k9eee.37831$
says…
Where is the Adobe Gamma utility located for CS? For version 7, it is found in the control panel (Windows), but with CS it is not there.
Thanks.

SamMan
Rip it to reply

In Win XP-Media Edition SP-1, it is in Control Panel with CS1. This OS has only had CS, so I know that it is not residual from, say PS7.

Hunt
D
Dave
May 5, 2005
On Thu, 05 May 2005 00:54:40 GMT, "SamMan"
wrote:

Thanks.

in the Control Panel, Sam.
Even for CS2.

Dave
JD
John DH
May 5, 2005
Even for CS2.

Dave

Switch to classic view, and it appears by magic.

John D
S
SamMan
May 5, 2005
"DD" wrote in message
wrote:

Where is the Adobe Gamma utility located for CS? For version 7, it is found
in the control panel (Windows), but with CS it is not there.
Thanks.

Even for CS2.

Dave

Dave,

No, it isn’t… not by default anyway. Trust me, I looked. Like I said, I know that PS7’s Gamma utility is loaded in the Control Panel by default, because that is what I have at home. I am running CS at work, and it is not there.

SamMan
Rip it to reply
S
SamMan
May 5, 2005
"John DH" wrote in message
Even for CS2.

Dave

Switch to classic view, and it appears by magic.

John D

I am in classic view… thanks for the help none-the-less…

SamMan
Rip it to reply
JD
John DH
May 5, 2005
The other way is to do a search of the hard drive for ‘gamma’, it may be under ‘program files/common files/adobe’ or something like that. If it’s there it should be easy to find.

John D

No, it isn’t… not by default anyway. Trust me, I looked. Like I said, I know that PS7’s Gamma utility is loaded in the Control Panel by default, because that is what I have at home. I am running CS at work, and it is
not
there.

SamMan
Rip it to reply

KB
Ken Burns
May 5, 2005
"SamMan" wrote in message
"DD" wrote in message
wrote:

Thanks.

Even for CS2.

Dave

Dave,

No, it isn’t… not by default anyway.

Yes, for CS it is found in Control Panel by default. I have no idea why its not found there on your computer, but Control Panel is where it is supposed to be. Maybe you need to check and make sure whether it got installed at all.

KB
K
KatWoman
May 5, 2005
Mine is in the Control panel like all previous versions. have CS on Win XP Pro SP2

Thanks.

SamMan
Rip it to reply

K
KatWoman
May 5, 2005
check and make sure it has not been disabled in the start up menu.

Assuming a windows computer:
start>run>msconfig.Startup check and make sure the box next to Adobe Gamma Loader is checked.

"DD" wrote in message
wrote:

Thanks.

Even for CS2.

Dave

Dave,

No, it isn’t… not by default anyway. Trust me, I looked. Like I said, I know that PS7’s Gamma utility is loaded in the Control Panel by default, because that is what I have at home. I am running CS at work, and it is not there.

SamMan
Rip it to reply

LI
Lorem Ipsum
May 5, 2005
"KatWoman" wrote in message
Mine is in the Control panel like all previous versions. have CS on Win XP Pro SP2

Thanks.

SamMan
Rip it to reply

CF
Craig Flory
May 5, 2005
It is in Control Panel !!!I know mine is in control panel. But I did a search for you and it can also be accessed in program files > common files > adobe > calibration.

Craig Flory
H
Hecate
May 5, 2005
wrote:

Thanks.

Start/Control panel/ and it’s the next one down after Administrative Tools..

XP SP2

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
H
Hecate
May 5, 2005
On Thu, 05 May 2005 09:17:05 GMT, "SamMan"
wrote:

Dave,

Yes it is. That’s exactly where it put it when I installed CS on XP SP1 and it’s still there on XP SP2.

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
May 5, 2005
On Thu, 5 May 2005 15:08:11 -0400, "KatWoman"
wrote:

check and make sure it has not been disabled in the start up menu.
That won’t make any difference. If it’s disabled it just means it isn’t in the Start Up folder.

Hecate – The Real One

S
SamMan
May 5, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

Dave,

No, it isn’t… not by default anyway. Trust me, I looked. Like I said, I know that PS7’s Gamma utility is loaded in the Control Panel by default, because that is what I have at home. I am running CS at work, and it is not
there.

Yes it is. That’s exactly where it put it when I installed CS on XP SP1 and it’s still there on XP SP2.

No it isn’t… trust me… are you going to make me hold my breath? I looked several times… did searches, etc. All of the suggestions people have offered.

I did end up looking in the commons dir, and found a file that would run it, however. Still not sure why it is not in the control panel.

Thanks.

SamMan
Rip it to reply
S
SamMan
May 5, 2005
wrote:

Thanks.

XP SP2

LOL… I know where to find the control panel. Thanks again!

SamMan
Rip it to reply
LI
Lorem Ipsum
May 6, 2005
"KatWoman" wrote in message

Adobe Gamma is not an interactive program. Why it might have an alias in the control panels, I will never understand. It is not there on my CSV or CS9, but Adobe CS8 and CS9’s Help tells us that it is there, but the installed ReadMe file says it is in the commons file.

WTF is all I can say. Somebody not very important at Adobe is asleep.

Find it in the startup and be happy.
LI
Lorem Ipsum
May 6, 2005
"Craig Flory" wrote in message
It is in Control Panel !!!I know mine is in control panel. But I did a
search for you and it can also be accessed in program files > common files
adobe > calibration.

Why is it there? It isn’t an interactive program. This whole thing makes no sense at all.
MV
My View
May 6, 2005
Go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Calibration

The Gamma loader is there – execute the exe file and then go to Control Panel to open it.

wrote:

Dave,

No, it isn’t… not by default anyway. Trust me, I looked. Like I said,
I
know that PS7’s Gamma utility is loaded in the Control Panel by default, because that is what I have at home. I am running CS at work, and it is not
there.

No it isn’t… trust me… are you going to make me hold my breath? I
looked
several times… did searches, etc. All of the suggestions people have offered.

I did end up looking in the commons dir, and found a file that would run
it,
however. Still not sure why it is not in the control panel.
Thanks.

SamMan
Rip it to reply

LA
Loren Amelang
May 6, 2005
On Thu, 05 May 2005 23:33:14 GMT, "SamMan"
wrote:

wrote:

Thanks.

LOL… I know where to find the control panel. Thanks again!

After reading this thread, I’m unclear what the original question was. People seem to be confusing "Adobe Gamma", the interactive control panel module that creates minimal profiles, with "Adobe Gamma Loader", the non-interactive module that must run at startup to load the chosen profile to the video card registers. Granted, Adobe doesn’t make this at all clear, and I didn’t understand the difference until I once replaced both with a third party solution where the difference was explained.

What I have in my Startup folder is a shortcut to the actual Adobe Gamma Loader.exe, which lives in c:\program files\common files\adobe\calibration\adobe gamma loader.exe. Of course this isn’t CS, so there may still be some mystery there, but perhaps the background info will help.

Loren
LI
Lorem Ipsum
May 6, 2005
"Loren Amelang" wrote in message

After reading this thread, I’m unclear what the original question was. People seem to be confusing "Adobe Gamma", the interactive control panel module that creates minimal profiles, with "Adobe Gamma Loader",

True. Someone even suggested double-clicking on it and then it will appear in the control panel. Not so.

Here’s the scoop, at least for CS:
http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/temp/gamma.html
S
SamMan
May 6, 2005
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
"Loren Amelang" wrote in message

After reading this thread, I’m unclear what the original question was. People seem to be confusing "Adobe Gamma", the interactive control panel module that creates minimal profiles, with "Adobe Gamma Loader",

True. Someone even suggested double-clicking on it and then it will appear in the control panel. Not so.

Here’s the scoop, at least for CS:
http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/temp/gamma.html

Yes, it was the .cpl file that I finally had to make a shortcut on my desktop to get the interactive program to run.

SamMan
Rip it to reply
H
Hecate
May 6, 2005
On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:05:07 GMT, "SamMan"
wrote:

Yes, it was the .cpl file that I finally had to make a shortcut on my desktop to get the interactive program to run.

And .cpl files are control panel files which *should* be displayed in the Control Panel. 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

S
SamMan
May 6, 2005
wrote:

And .cpl files are control panel files which *should* be displayed in the Control Panel. 🙂

One would think so… but it isn’t there. I was just at the office not 30 minutes ago, staring at it.

SamMan
Rip it to reply
LI
Lorem Ipsum
May 7, 2005

Yeah, well I can’t copy it to the control panel (XP Pro sp2). Can you?
H
Hecate
May 7, 2005
On Fri, 06 May 2005 23:32:58 GMT, "SamMan"
wrote:

wrote:

One would think so… but it isn’t there. I was just at the office not 30 minutes ago, staring at it.

It sounds like the install hasn’t worked correctly, or, if you’re on a network, the IT Admin haven’t installed PS correctly.

Hecate – The Real One

S
SamMan
May 8, 2005
wrote:

It sounds like the install hasn’t worked correctly, or, if you’re on a network, the IT Admin haven’t installed PS correctly.

That is entirely possible. Aside from Gamma not showing in the control panel (I can still run it, as stated before), the program works fine.

SamMan
Rip it to reply
H
Hecate
May 8, 2005
On Sun, 08 May 2005 11:44:47 GMT, "SamMan"
wrote:

wrote:

That is entirely possible. Aside from Gamma not showing in the control panel (I can still run it, as stated before), the program works fine.

Note: Admins have a tendency not to install anything that ends up in a users control panel <g>

Hecate – The Real One

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections