U
Posted By
Urban1970
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running adobe photoshop 7 and i am experience ver big slow downs in the program. When I do something like aplaying a gradient or a color to an image it can be up to 50 seconds before anything happens. Sometimes I have to click someplace else in the program to make anything happend. This does not happend after the installation but after i have used it a while, a few weeks uselly. Then the only way i have figured out to solve this is to format and reinstall the os, please can someone help me to give advice, for i have no idea. It is very disturbing to have to do that every time i use it and i use it quite a lot.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobLevine
Jun 5, 2004
What operating system would that be? And what about the rest of the system? RAM? Harddrive space, etc?

Bob
U
Urban1970
Jun 5, 2004
am running win xp pro with 640mb ram, 1 hd with 40gb of free disc space
GP
Gene Palmiter
Jun 5, 2004
These problems can have many sources….so of course we need more information. are you practicing safe computing? What do you use to protect yourself from worms and viruses? How many fonts are you running.

Lots to consider.

<Bob_Levine> wrote in message
What operating system would that be? And what about the rest of the system? RAM? Harddrive space, etc?

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 5, 2004
are you running any norton utils such as drive image or protected recycle bin?
U
Urban1970
Jun 6, 2004
no i am not, no norton programs, just panda antivirus

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections