IJ
Posted By
Ian_Jacobs
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have typed some text over a photograph in Photoshop but no matter what I do it is not crisp. If I type the text over the photo in Indesign it is perfectly clear. I know I can do it in Indesign but other people seem to be able to do it in Photoshop and get clear text. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
thanks
Ian

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Tommaso
Jun 5, 2004
Make sure you have the anti-aliasing on your text to your preferred setting. There are five different choices: none, sharp, crisp, strong, and smooth. Hope this helps you out.
B
BobLevine
Jun 5, 2004
And make sure you’re viewing at 100%. Anything else is a proxy view.

If you’re going to place the resulting file in InDesign, make sure to save as PDF to retain the text.

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 5, 2004
Also, make sure you are using a resolution that will enable the characters to be rasterized nicely. At 72 ppi you will get type that prints badly. You need to use at least 200 (300 is better).
B
BobLevine
Jun 5, 2004
That will only happen with a non-postscript printer. With a postscript printer, the text will be sharp even at low res.

Saving as PDF will allow you to print it to a non-postscript printer also.

Bob
IJ
Ian_Jacobs
Jun 6, 2004
Thanks to all for your help. I’m afraid I have to admit that Duh! I was looking at 200% Sorry
Ian

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections