G
Posted By
gmark
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve searched for articles about photoshop CS and knockout 2 compatibility, but for some reason, I’ve turned up nothing that explicitly tells me yes or no. It appears PS-CS has a masking tool to supplant KO, but I like the KO interface in PS 7 better than the PS-CS masking tool. And a review I read implies that I can use KO2 with PS-CS instead of the built-in masking thing.

HOWEVER, I can’t seem to install KO 2 so that it comes up in the FILTERS menu on PS-CS. So I find myself using PS 7 for masking.

What gives? Is there a problem or something I have to remove or change before I can use KO again with PS-CS? Do I have to remove the included masking tool somehow and replace it with KO?

TIA!

Mark

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NW
No Where Man
Dec 14, 2003
Mark – Knockout works fine with Photoshop CS. Installed it on my system w/o any problems.

Marks question brings up a good point. Check first with the mfgr (or here) to make sure third party add-ons will work with Photoshop CS. Most will, but some won’t. Example – some of Extensis add-ons work, but several don’t. Extensis posts this info on their site.
JW
Jim White
Dec 22, 2003
Try the Photo-i site and their forum.
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/index.html
there is a full test of KO2 and also discussion of it’s use with CS.

"G. Mark Stewart" wrote in message
I’ve searched for articles about photoshop CS and knockout 2
compatibility,
but for some reason, I’ve turned up nothing that explicitly tells me yes
or no.
It appears PS-CS has a masking tool to supplant KO, but I like the KO
interface
in PS 7 better than the PS-CS masking tool. And a review I read implies
that
I can use KO2 with PS-CS instead of the built-in masking thing.
HOWEVER, I can’t seem to install KO 2 so that it comes up in the FILTERS menu on PS-CS. So I find myself using PS 7 for masking.

What gives? Is there a problem or something I have to remove or change before I can use KO again with PS-CS? Do I have to remove the included masking tool somehow and replace it with KO?

TIA!

Mark

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections