New Action (how to, is it even possible)

MJ
Posted By
Mario_Jesmanowicz
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to create a new action and use it for batch processing. It seems very simple but…

I want to take my digital photo and crop it to 16×9. I know, this is very simple but now I want it as an action where it stops for my input to choose which segment to crop. I know I can create the action that will just blindly crop 16×9 in the middle, but then half of the pictures will be cut incorrectly. I want the action to stop and wait for me with the biggest rectangle 16×9 and let me place it on the photo and then continue.

is it possible? it just seems like it is not possible to stop the action in the middle of cropping

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MA
Mark_Allen
Jun 1, 2004
Mario,

Once you click on the drop down arrow, use "Playback Options" which will give you "step by step" or "pause for ? seconds" options which should allow you to input what you need but surely if you are going to crop them yourself, why use an action?

Maybe I’m missing something

Regards

Mark
EI
Enrique_Ivern
Jun 1, 2004
If I understand correctly, just stop to wait for your selection. Then with a rectangular selection of fixed size you can select your area, then continue…
The action itself is almost nothing but if you automate batch you can save time when cropping a whole folder.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections