ST
Posted By
shane_tweezy
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I upgraded from Photo Shop 5.0 to 7.0. How come there is no airbrush in the tool selection?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DR
Danny_Raphael
Jun 1, 2004
The dedicated air brush "tool" is now a setting for the brush tool.

Select the brush tool and check out the property bar at the top of the screen. The last icon on the right (that sort of looks like an airbrush) toggles the effect on/off. You control the degree of airbrushing with the flow (how fast) and opacity (how much) settings.
ST
shane_tweezy
Jun 1, 2004
Ok cool.. I see that it still doesn’t turn the circle into the airbrush looking tool.. I actually liked being able to see the tool that I was using, like the eraser, the hand with the finger for the smudge tool etc… Is there anyway I can load those into 7.0?
Thanks for the help!
DR
Danny_Raphael
Jun 1, 2004
Check out Edit > Preferences (Display and Cursors). You can switch to the icons that indicate which tool is in effect at the moment by choosing the "Standard" options in both tool categories.
LC
Larry CdeBaca
Jun 1, 2004
Brushes|Brush Presets -or- click on the Airbrush icon on the Options bar.

wrote in message
I upgraded from Photo Shop 5.0 to 7.0. How come there is no airbrush in
the tool selection?
RH
r_harvey
Jun 1, 2004
See also no separate airbrush tool in photoshop CS. WHY! <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.2ccfe49d/0> in the Photoshop/Macintosh forum, for a very thorough discussion.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections