DF
Posted By
danny.fournier
Jul 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Do manufacturers still make legal sized scanners?? I know Microtek make them, but I’m never buying a scanner from them again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WF
Wayne Fulton
Jul 2, 2003
In article ,
says…
Do manufacturers still make legal sized scanners?? I know Microtek make them, but I’m never buying a scanner from them again.

Interesting, I use a legal size Microtek 8700 that is fantastic.

You might look for a scanner with an ADF accessory (auto document feeder). These generally park the carriage under the ADF, and scan as the paper is moved across the parked carriage (converting a flatbed into a page feeder, like a fax machine). Then the legal size is a function of the page size setting in the scanning software program, and any ADF should handle legal length then. The scanners bed length is not a factor, it is not used. However, you will of course need some software to operate it.

Wayne
http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"
H
Hecate
Jul 3, 2003
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:03:09 GMT, (Dan)
wrote:

What size are illegal sized scanners? 😉

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections