LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This week, I prepared a small slide show for a client showing my latest work. I set it up in a pdf file, in PS, and it looked fine on my computer. I burned it to a cd. But, when I ran it on their computer, it was way too dark. I can surmise that the differences in monitors are legion, but I want to make sure I am not missing something in the translation. Any thoughts, suggestions? I need to make a number of these cd’s

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 23, 2004
Lawrence,

For that I use some grey-step images (BMP, whatever) when they look bad on the client, so will my images. I have resisted the temptation to bias the images to counter-correct these errors; it’s there monitor.
Most monitors with clients are worn out even in respect of office applications.

I always burn portfolio on a CD with a small greystep and with the instruction that they should see all level transitions.

For reasons of predictable results and cross-platformability (!) the cd autoruns into their default browser.

Hope this helps a bit,
Rob
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 23, 2004
Good thought. I’ll include one. I expected it was the particular monitor, but before running around checking monitors, I thought to ask around.

Thanks, Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 4, 2004
Excellent idea Rob!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections