Posted By
felixthehat
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

When you Save for web (photoshop 7), click save and the save dialogue box comes up, you have the option to change the settings – which set to default by default – obviously – but the default is "Put images in folder – images" which creates a folder called images when you save it.

I don’t need this, if I wanted my images to be in a folder called images I would damn well put them in a folder called images.

I have to open this dialogue and uncheck this option every time. This takes up valuable seconds of my life which I will never be able to reclaim, and when you have to do it 50 times a day it gets really, really annoying. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks

Felix

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 20, 2004
Felix,

Strange. I know how frustrating things can get. But I don’t have the effect you describe. I have PS7.01 on W2000.
When I save for web everything is like I left it the previous time, including the location (that I chose)where to save..

Be sure that your prefs file is not Read Only (I set it R/O once to protect it against corruption, then I noticed my recent file list always was the same).

If this doesn’t help then I think it’s Windows.
Rob
F
felixthehat
May 20, 2004
Thanks Rob,

It remembers my preference in the same file, but each time I open a new image it resets to default. I’m running PS7.01 on XP, which I suppose has spanked my photoshop.

Thanks anyway

Felix
GS
Gustavo_Sanchez
May 20, 2004
Strange2 I am in W2K, PS 7.01 as well and I do not see that effect. Should that XP be patched?
F
felixthehat
May 20, 2004
Hmm,it’s all up to date. Does yours remember not to create an image folder even when you have restarted your pc?
LM
Lynch_Mike
May 21, 2004
"Save to web" saves to the same place you "saved to web" the last time you did it, not to the same folder the image came from (unless you saved to web there the last time.
I’ve never seen an "images" folder.
-Mike
KS
Ken_Storch_(aka_photon)
May 22, 2004
I seem to recall someone having this problem because they didn’t exit PS prior to shutting down their computer.

Also, you might try deleteing the SFW preferences.

ken

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections