MR
Posted By
Michele_R_Markel
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to persuade my supervisor that learning photoshop would benefit me with my position here at work.

I am looking for every good/great reason there is to take a class.

Currently I create all the print material our clinics use in the offices, create the monthly company newsletter, proposals, and the occasional symposium brochures for our physicians and nursing staff.

Any one who can help me with this, I would GREATLY appreciate this.

I have the PageMaker, Photoshop – Image Ready, and Illustrator package loaded on my pc. I excel in the PageMaker, can do minor things in Photoshop and Illustrator (those are the next classes I am going to try and get). They want me to quit using the CorelDraw and switch over to Illustrator – so any help here is really needed.

Thank you!

Michele

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 18, 2004
From the looks of it, you need a new job and not classes.
DR
Donnie_Rhodes
May 18, 2004
"From the looks of it, you need a new job and not classes." posted by Mike Ornellas

I don’t get it…
GD
glen_deman
May 18, 2004
I’m not sure what kind of work you need to do with photos; for basic cropping and resizing, you wouldn’t need Photoshop. But, it is great for optimizing photos (taking out scratches, brightening or darkening images, correcting colors) and photo manipulation (combining images, retouching, collages). I’ve definately found it’s selection tools to be much more powerful than those of other programs. I’m thinking the best way to convince the Big Boss is to take a real situation that you have gone through and explain how Photoshop would have really helped. For instance, if you had a bunch of photos that too dark, you could have used the Batch feature of Photoshop to brighten them all automatically (time saved, money saved). I don’t know, something along those lines.

Even if you can’t take the class, I think it’s worth your time to get some books on Photoshop and learn on your own.

Sorry, don’t know much about the other layout programs.
RW
Rene_Walling
May 19, 2004
Donnie,

If your boss wants you to stop using Corel, but won’t provide training so you can do that and needs you to justify why you need the training to do what he wants you to do in the first place, it sound like you need a new job before you need training. Or a new boss.

Michele,

1) Higher productivity

2) Greater flexibility

And why do you need to justify training that by what you say you need in order to do what they want you to do (ie, stop using Corel)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections