Posted By
finecur
Jul 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am new to photoshop and I hope your guys can help me.
I have a color image of human hand, I would like to convert that to grayscale. But the resulted hand is too dark. How can I the hand brighter?

Thanks,

f

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AM
Andrew Morton
Jul 23, 2009
finecur wrote:
I have a color image of human hand, I would like to convert that to grayscale. But the resulted hand is too dark. How can I the hand brighter?

One way: at the bottom of the layers pallete, click the half black-half white circle and choose Channel Mixer. Tick the "Monochrome" box and fiddle with the sliders.

This will produce an adjustment layer, so you can go back and tweak it without any degradation of the image.

HTH

Andrew
K
Kabuki
Jul 23, 2009
what version of PS???

there are so many ways to do this

one way I like
make an adjust layer above for hue sat
do not move the sliders (yet)

make another adjust layer above for Hue Sat and move the center slider all the way to the left
now above in the layer palette make this layer MODE>COLOR

then return to the layer between (on normal mode) and use the top slider until you get the desired contrast

"finecur" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks,

f
S
SieuW
Jul 23, 2009
To lighten the image go to

Image -> adjusments -> Brightness/Contrast
JJ
john joseph
Jul 23, 2009
SieuW wrote:

Is that option still in Photoshop? It should be put far, far back in the menu system. Ugh.
K
Kabuki
Jul 24, 2009
"John Stafford" wrote in message
SieuW wrote:

Is that option still in Photoshop? It should be put far, far back in the menu system. Ugh.

I would suggest curves as a better solution
TC
tony cooper
Jul 24, 2009
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:49:19 -0500, John Stafford
wrote:

SieuW wrote:

Yes, it’s available. You can open a Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer or do it as above. I prefer the adjustment layer path.

Working with a photograph converted to black and white, it’s very useful to be able to tweak contrast.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
R
Ragnar
Jul 24, 2009
Hi,

Thanks,

For a ‘quick and dirty’ method, go to the channels palette and pick the channel that looks nicest. Copy that and paste it into the main image, then convert to grayscale.
A more scientific way of doing something similar is to use Channel Mixer as Andrew has already suggested.
R.
JJ
john joseph
Jul 24, 2009
Ragnar wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

For a ‘quick and dirty’ method, go to the channels palette and pick the channel that looks nicest. Copy that and paste it into the main image, then convert to grayscale.

That is usually the green channel.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections