Posted By
Ramon
Jun 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My question is about animated GIFs, so let’s start with this:

– Are there "animated PNGs", "animated JPEGs", or TIFFs, or animated anything else?

Notice that I am not talking about programming technologies such as flash, etc.

The specific project that I have is a demo program that processes some stages and when it is done with each, it places either a green check mark or a red X (with obvious meaning) next to the individual items.

I simply sent a green check mark and a red X to the programmer, would like the demo to look spiffier. Now I would like to see the check mark being drawn, i.e., animated. I don’t suppose the programmer has to be concerned or involved, right? I should simply send him an animated file and tell him: "here is the new green check mark".

What about the repetitive cycle? Is there some internal flag in animated GIFs (or animated anything) that says: "you should cycle forever" or "one cycle, and then you stop" (this is my preferred behavior for this application).

Should I forget about animated GIFs and use something else?

Your answers and comments are most welcome.

TIA,

-Ramon

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AM
Andrew Morton
Jun 9, 2009
Ramon F Herrera wrote:
– Are there "animated PNGs", "animated JPEGs", or TIFFs, or animated anything else?

No, no, no, yes.

I simply sent a green check mark and a red X to the programmer, would like the demo to look spiffier. Now I would like to see the check mark being drawn, i.e., animated. I don’t suppose the programmer has to be concerned or involved, right? I should simply send him an animated file and tell him: "here is the new green check mark".

Yes.

… Is there some internal flag in
animated GIFs (or animated anything) that says: "you should cycle forever" or "one cycle, and then you stop" (this is my preferred behavior for this application).

Yes and yes: your choice.

Andrew
JS
John Stafford
Jun 9, 2009
On 6/9/09 2:53 AM, in article , "Andrew
Morton" wrote:

Ramon F Herrera wrote:

No, no, no, yes.

There is an animated PNG, however it is unoffical. See APNG. http://animatedpng.com/

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections