A
Posted By
adobepollster
May 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
During decades Photoshop has been accreting all level users to accomplish multiple tasks, from the simplest to the very sophisticated. Along the way, the application has included new ways of integrating new functionalities for different uses that made the application grow bigger in such a way that even the most power users only use 50% of it, and regular users only 10 %.

With each new version, we find dialogs increasing in size and amount of components and styles for doing new things, however this fact causes the application to be monolithic, making the user pay the price of complexity.

However Adobe is not making anything by chance, and nor to harm users at all. Adobe is currently melting technologies together to provide new interface for controlling their applications. In the near future scene we will see Flash interfaces designed to tackle such cumulative complexity.

New tools like PatchPanel and SwitchBoard for example allow Flex and AIR applications to communicate with Adobe Suit programs to provide simple user interfaces for achieving simple tasks at the suit programs.

Now the question is:

If Adobe has decided to change the course of its interfaces while the programs grow monolithically, which things you think that Photoshop and other suit programs are going to be first controlled by flash technology?

And more specifically; If you had the chance to change things, what things annoy you about Photoshop that would worth change?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Pat
May 29, 2009
And more specifically; If you had the chance to change things, what things annoy you about Photoshop that would worth change?

I like to make a lot of contact sheets. 50 or so at a time. Each sheet is made from a directory. Each new sheet points to the previous directory which has just been made. But the needed directory is beside the previous directory so I have to drill down through the entire directory structure for each new sheet. 10 clicks or so for each one. Takes time. A button to move up a directory would be nice. Then I could choose the directory and proceed. Saving all those clicks would help a lot.
MR
Mike Russell
May 29, 2009
On Fri, 29 May 2009 07:01:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I’d like to see a 100% multi touch screen interface where every tool parameter could be set without using a keyboard. The interface would be like a giant iPhone. Something like the one used in Minority Report would do for the time being.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
P
pico
May 30, 2009
wrote:

Photoshop began with the analog model of darkroom work. Flash began later with a model of just exactly what digital is about: vector graphics and animation.

So if I were truly clever and creative, I’d find a whole new interface that merges these capabilities into a new program.

I far too familiar now with Photoshop to even remember what was most annoying and today I program in Flash and use Photoshop only for repairing raster images.
P
pico
May 30, 2009
Pat wrote:

I like to make a lot of contact sheets. 50 or so at a time. Each sheet is made from a directory. Each new sheet points to the previous directory which has just been made. But the needed directory is beside the previous directory so I have to drill down through the entire directory structure for each new sheet. […]

How about a directory naming rule, for example "proof_" as a directory name-rule so that one can filter to only those directories with "proof_" as a prefix? I’d look to Bridge for that.
J
Joe
Jun 1, 2009
Mike Russell wrote:

On Fri, 29 May 2009 07:01:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I’d like to see a 100% multi touch screen interface where every tool parameter could be set without using a keyboard. The interface would be like a giant iPhone. Something like the one used in Minority Report would do for the time being.

Well, in this case I would like someone to buy my expensive old laptops not only have touch screen, but they had just about anything most people would dream of (years ago of course).

Lets see, it has

– touch screen

– came with hard/pen software that you can WRITE or sign your signature etc.

– Screen can be toggle between Vert/Horizontal (Portrait/Landscape)

– Wireless network and special communication that you communication with big eletronics blackboard

– Web cam and many many more.

It was discontinued many years ago (I still have 2 left), and I think it cost around $8-9K a pop. It had so many slick features before newer generation of laptop has built-in wireless network, webcam etc..
MR
Mike Russell
Jun 1, 2009
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:10:10 -0500, Joe wrote:

Well, in this case I would like someone to buy my expensive old laptops not only have touch screen, but they had just about anything most people would dream of (years ago of course).

LOL – some lucky people always get the cool toys first!

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
I
IP
Jun 3, 2009
wrote in message
During decades Photoshop has been accreting all level users to accomplish multiple tasks, from the simplest to the very sophisticated. Along the way, the application has included new ways of integrating new functionalities for different uses that made the application grow bigger in such a way that even the most power users only use 50% of it, and regular users only 10 %.

With each new version, we find dialogs increasing in size and amount of components and styles for doing new things, however this fact causes the application to be monolithic, making the user pay the price of complexity.

However Adobe is not making anything by chance, and nor to harm users at all. Adobe is currently melting technologies together to provide new interface for controlling their applications. In the near future scene we will see Flash interfaces designed to tackle such cumulative complexity.

New tools like PatchPanel and SwitchBoard for example allow Flex and AIR applications to communicate with Adobe Suit programs to provide simple user interfaces for achieving simple tasks at the suit programs.

Now the question is:

If Adobe has decided to change the course of its interfaces while the programs grow monolithically, which things you think that Photoshop and other suit programs are going to be first controlled by flash technology?

Print all layers in one command. So that you can export all layers as a PDF, with each layer on it’s own page.
I
IP
Jun 3, 2009
wrote in message

Now the question is:

Print all layers in one command. So that you can export all layers as a PDF, with each layer on it’s own page.
JJ
john joseph
Jun 3, 2009
IP wrote:

It is in there now.
JJ
john joseph
Jun 3, 2009
IP wrote:

It is in there now.
I
IP
Jun 5, 2009
"john joseph" wrote in message

It is in there now.

I’ve not found a way. Care to share?

I’m not talking about manually printing each layer on it’s own, I’m talking about printing all layers individually with one print command.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections