SF
Posted By
Stephen Field
Jul 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using photoshop on a window platform. The printer I work with uses Mac, of course.

Is there a way to calibrate one’s monitor so that the images appear as they would on a Mac monitor. The color images I send to the printer always seem to end up outputting differently (mostly darker) than what I see on the screen.
However, our printer says that they output very closely to how they appear on their Mac screen.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Additionally, how can I set by color settings so they are the same for all of my Adobe applications – PS, ID, AI, Acrobat, PM.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SF
Stephen Field
Jul 9, 2003
Thanks for the reply

How do I know if I have a good profile for my monitor OR how do I create a good profile for my monitor?
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 9, 2003
Stephen,

Here are the two sites I recommend the most to folks; they’re quick and easy to read:

1. Adobe’s site on using Adobe Gamma < http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/photoshop/cms2/gamma .html>

2. Ian Lyons’ most excellent site for assuring WYSIWYG. <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm>

Peace,
Tony
SF
Stephen Field
Jul 9, 2003
Would it help to proof images using the View menu – proof setup – Mac RGB
J
JasonSmith
Jul 9, 2003
Also – you should see if your printer could supply you with a profile of their press.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 10, 2003

Definately. Good call Stephen. I forgot aobut soft proofing.
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jul 10, 2003

Macintosh RGB is about as helpful for softproofing your printer’s press as “Grandma’s monitor” RGB would be.

You need your printer’s press profile!

Mac RGB, Win RGB, even HIS monitor RGB is irrelevant. Your monitor profile is! It’s his PRESS you want to softproof isn’t it?
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jul 10, 2003
although I suspect irrelevant may be strong; there IS some value to those in soft proofing

Tony,

When quoted out of context “irrelevant” may be strong, hell even offensive to Maccies, Dozers and Grandma’s. 🙂

Let me say this again:

Macintosh RGB, Windows RGB, printer’s monitor RGB, Grandma’s RGB are irrelevant in softproofing printing PRESS.

Andrew
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 10, 2003
Agreed Andrew, I misinterpreted the posters point. I will say though, that I have no idea where you are coming from with the concept that I was quoting out of context <shrug>

Taken IN context, the remark would be considered offensive to at least one (me).
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jul 10, 2003
Taken IN context, the remark would be considered offensive to at least one (me).

You lost me man. I don’t know where and how I offended you. All I know from this thread that participating in this forum has become an intrusion on the “regulars” …It’s all yours. I don’t have time to apologize for every word I type just to be politically correct.
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jul 11, 2003
It’s so hard to interpret meaning sometimes, and depending on one’s mood, a simple statement might be interpreted different ways. So, I got my nose out of joint, it turns out that you weren’t being critical of me as I had thought

Don’t worry about it Tony. I think only my dog ALWAYS understands what I’m talking about. Have a beer or two and relax. 🙂

Andrew
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jul 11, 2003
No I tell him that food is overrated but…life’s a bitch. 🙂

This thread is a toast.
P
Phosphor
Jul 11, 2003
This thread is a toast

Burnt!

God damned smoke alarms gone off again and the dogs chasing the fire engine up the street ;-0

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections