F
Posted By
far3
Mar 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My computer currently has 512 ram and I would like to upgrade to 1.5 gb, Or should I go with another 512mb making it 1gb total.. any good brand to speed I should buy??

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
birdman
Mar 14, 2005
It depends:
If your motherboard supports dual DDR you should have matched size RAM sticks in the proper slots on the motherboard.
If you are not concerned about dual DDR, but you should, just go for the maximum memory your motherboard can support.
If you do not understand what kind of memory your motherboard supports get professional help: get info from the computer vendor or a local service shop.
F
far3
Mar 14, 2005
bmoag wrote:
It depends:
If your motherboard supports dual DDR you should have matched size RAM sticks in the proper slots on the motherboard.
If you are not concerned about dual DDR, but you should, just go for the maximum memory your motherboard can support.
If you do not understand what kind of memory your motherboard supports get professional help: get info from the computer vendor or a local service shop.
It can support up to 4gb of memory and it has 4 slots, 2 already used up from the 256mb dual channel sticks. I think I would rather go with the 1GB stick.
B
Boskey
Mar 14, 2005
"far3" wrote in message
It can support up to 4gb of memory and it has 4 slots, 2 already used up from the 256mb dual channel sticks. I think I would rather go with the 1GB stick.
If you have a board that supports dual-channel DDR, a pair of 512’s would work faster than a single 1GB stick. Then again, this might mean you would need to loose the 256’s if there are compatibility issues.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections