CW
Posted By
Colin Walls
Jul 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have successfully installed PS7 upgrade on my Win98SE machine and have been using it for some time. I am now trying to install it on my Win2000 laptop [I am allowed to do that] and I am having problems.

The install starts OK and I enter the serial number etc. It asks for the old version media, which is fine. Then it prompts for the return of the install CD. When I insert that and click Next, it just hangs with the CD spinning continuously. I cannot abort the install unless I pop the CD.

Any ideas? TIA

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
Jul 9, 2003
Looks like I fixed it myself …

I thought I’d try installing PS4 first, then applying the PS7 upgrade. This seemed to work fine, finding the old version silently. PS7 seemed to run just fine.

Then I thought I’d uninstall PS4. Then PS7 wouldn’t start, giving an error about missing personalisation data. I needed to install PS4 and PS7 again. I seem to be OK now.

Now to apply the 7.0.1 patch …

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections