Posted By
Weston_White
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hey,
whoever can give me an answer to this would be really cool haha. well i made an animation and i forgot to put a rollover state on it. well the animation was pretty complex and i want to make a rollover for it and transfer the animation to the rollover from the normal state. someone please help me, thanks
wes

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 12, 2004
Weston,

I’m not quite sure I follow what you’re trying to do, but in essence, a rollover is merely a script of actions linking a particular image file to each action. So, no matter if you’re using a simple or complex animation or just a static image, updating the rollover is basically a matter of just replacing the name of the referenced image file with that of your animation.

Whether or not that helps any, I’m not sure.

Daryl
WW
Weston_White
May 12, 2004
Well on my normal state my animation is there but I want to make it a rollover so it doesn’t automatically play. If that helps anymore?
DM
Don_McCahill
May 12, 2004
I’ve never seen a gif animation that works in a rollover. It can be done in Flash.
L
LenHewitt
May 12, 2004
Don,

I’ve never seen a gif animation that works in a rollover<<

see:

http://www.novasport.co.uk/sport/index.html

😉
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 12, 2004
Wes,

What you’ll want to do is make a static image that you reference as the normal state, then reference the animation for the MouseOver state. If you don’t have a static image, just copy out the first frame of your animation as a separate GIF file and use that.

I’ve created a simple animation that I’ve incorporated into a rollover with an Over and Click state, akin to what it sounds like you might be attempting to do. The example along with some explanatory text is found at ttp://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/rollover . The text isn’t detailed but hopefully it is enough for you to understand what to do. Viewing the source HTML may be helpful also.

Regards,

Daryl
WW
Weston_White
May 12, 2004
ok thanks ill give that a try
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 12, 2004
Oops…it probably doesn’t matter and is too late to fix it, but adding the "h" to my goofed-up link would provide <http://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/rollover> as the correct URL.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections