S
Posted By
StvyLife
Mar 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to bend it into a complete circle so that I can used it with a cd labling program.
I like to bend with disfuging the image; I tried the rectangular to polar; but I didn’t like the results, so how else can I accomplish this task. thanks

stev

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JD
John DKC
Mar 1, 2005
one possible way
Suite 602 has a suite of programs spread sheet word document and one of the suite 602 programs called 602 photo has a fisheye effect that turns the picture into a circle. Its free to try out and it might do the trick for you Ive used it to make a cd label picture then loaded it up with Sure Thing CD labeler Deluxe 4
"StvyLife" wrote in message
I am trying to bend it into a complete circle so that I can used it with a cd labling program.
I like to bend with disfuging the image; I tried the rectangular to polar; but I didn’t like the results, so how else can I accomplish this task. thanks

stev

JD
John DKC
Mar 1, 2005
That would be suite 602 pc suite 4.1 and the down load is free http://www.software602.com/download/

stev

S
StvyLife
Mar 1, 2005
thank john, i was look at it before you posted the second download. i did a search for it. but you know I am thinking that it is a rather large download…

"John DKC" wrote in message
That would be suite 602 pc suite 4.1 and the down load is free http://www.software602.com/download/

I am trying to bend it into a complete circle so that I can used it with
a
cd labling program.
I like to bend with disfuging the image; I tried the rectangular to
polar;
but I didn’t like the results, so how else can I accomplish this task. thanks

stev

S
StvyLife
Mar 1, 2005
oh never mind…4.1 you say …
that’s will do it’s small enough; i was looking at the wrong one (27mb) cool and i’ll check i t out

thanks again

a
cd labling program.
polar;

stev

MR
Mike Russell
Mar 1, 2005
StvyLife wrote:

Try adding an inch or so of border to the top of the image before converting to radial coordinates. That way the border will form a circle in the center, and the image will curve around the CD in a more natrual way. If the image is stretched too much, duplicate it a once or twice to make the original wider than it is high. That, combined with the border, should keep your image recognizable.

For even more fun, convert your image to radial coordinates, add the white border to the top, and then convert back to rectangular again. You’ll get something very similar to your original image, but distorted in humorous way with a hole in the center.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
S
Stephan
Mar 1, 2005
StvyLife wrote:

stev
Find Panotools

Stephan
S
StvyLife
Mar 1, 2005
I went ahead and installed the suit and it was a large file; I guess I benefited from it as whole given that my ms office was acting up; so it helped and I like how fast the programs starts up.
I also used the fish eye feature in the imaging….it turned out okay. I had to arang the images in a certain way to minimiz the distortion; thanks for the help.
Photo is able to bend texts; but I want to bend an image in the same way; like a ribon strip; I got close though.

a
cd labling program.
polar;

stev

S
StvyLife
Mar 1, 2005
thanks mike for the tip; interesting, never thought of that.

"Mike Russell" wrote in message
StvyLife wrote:

Try adding an inch or so of border to the top of the image before
converting
to radial coordinates. That way the border will form a circle in the center, and the image will curve around the CD in a more natrual way. If the image is stretched too much, duplicate it a once or twice to make the original wider than it is high. That, combined with the border, should
keep
your image recognizable.

For even more fun, convert your image to radial coordinates, add the white border to the top, and then convert back to rectangular again. You’ll get something very similar to your original image, but distorted in humorous
way
with a hole in the center.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

S
StvyLife
Mar 1, 2005
anyone you use? that you specifically recommend?

"Stephan" wrote in message
StvyLife wrote:
a
cd labling program.
polar;

stev
Find Panotools

Stephan
S
StvyLife
Mar 2, 2005
hey russell

thanks much to you; I had so much fun playing that feature. It didn’t make much sence how it worked until now. I added border (big difference) just like you said and tried different siezes too. It work well on a square with a one-inch border too. I achieve what I set out accomplish. and I did humorous designs as well.
thanks again.

cool!

stev
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
StvyLife wrote:

Try adding an inch or so of border to the top of the image before
converting
to radial coordinates. That way the border will form a circle in the center, and the image will curve around the CD in a more natrual way. If the image is stretched too much, duplicate it a once or twice to make the original wider than it is high. That, combined with the border, should
keep
your image recognizable.

For even more fun, convert your image to radial coordinates, add the white border to the top, and then convert back to rectangular again. You’ll get something very similar to your original image, but distorted in humorous
way
with a hole in the center.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections