Posted By
Benny
Oct 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop CS3.

I have approximately 500 jpeg images in color profile Adobe RGB (1998), at maximum out-of-camera resolution (3888×2592) and file sizes from 2.5 to
3.5Mb.
I now want to show these images on my old Sony TV (tube type, not latest high definition TV) using my Sony DVD player. The DVD player will only accept jpegs burnt to a CD (not a DVD).

I firstly need to convert the images to sRGB as this is preferred for viewing colors on TVs.
I also want to change the resolution of each image to that of the TV, which I believe is 640 x 480.
This should also reduce the file size which in turn will allow the images to appear more quickly on the TV.

The best way I see to do this is with Photoshop’s batch mode but would like to know if and how all the above conversions can be done at once and without effecting the original image files. I believe there is a function in PS for fitting the image to certain sizes as well.

Any feedback on undertaking this process, as efficiently as possible, would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Benny

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AM
Andrew Morton
Oct 15, 2008
There should be enough options for you through File->Scripts->Image Processor.

Andrew
V
veegerNOSPAM
Oct 15, 2008
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:15:18 GMT, "Benny" <no spam > wrote:

I use Photoshop CS3.

I have approximately 500 jpeg images in color profile Adobe RGB (1998), at maximum out-of-camera resolution (3888×2592) and file sizes from 2.5 to
3.5Mb.
I now want to show these images on my old Sony TV (tube type, not latest high definition TV) using my Sony DVD player. The DVD player will only accept jpegs burnt to a CD (not a DVD).

I firstly need to convert the images to sRGB as this is preferred for viewing colors on TVs.
I also want to change the resolution of each image to that of the TV, which I believe is 640 x 480.
This should also reduce the file size which in turn will allow the images to appear more quickly on the TV.

The best way I see to do this is with Photoshop’s batch mode but would like to know if and how all the above conversions can be done at once and without effecting the original image files. I believe there is a function in PS for fitting the image to certain sizes as well.

Any feedback on undertaking this process, as efficiently as possible, would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Benny
You could probably do what I just did with mp3 conversions.

http://www.freewaremission.com/2008/08/51-essential-programs -for-freeware-only.html

Check out MeGUI video converter and see if it does what you need. If not, there must also be similar programs.

The audio converter I used was pretty fast, did an excellent job, took a folder full of mixed file extensions and converted them all to mp3s. —

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4, OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16×8" V40s, BFG gForce T/A skins. Cobra drop, halogen and LED lighting.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections