BW
Posted By
Bob Williams
Sep 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Some of the current crop of LCD HDTV sets have resolutions of 1080p (typically 1920 x 1080 pixels) and some ALSO have PC inputs. It it practical, for example, to use a 37" LCD HDTV set with a resolution of 1080p, as my PC monitor?
Would PS images still be acceptably sharp on a 37" screen? If so, that would be way cool because I plan to get a 37" LCD HDTV for Christmas anyway. I could then just hook up my PC to it and have a killer browser and PS workspace.
Bob Williams

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

V
veegerNOSPAM
Sep 29, 2008
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 22:30:52 -0700, Bob Williams
wrote:

Some of the current crop of LCD HDTV sets have resolutions of 1080p (typically 1920 x 1080 pixels) and some ALSO have PC inputs. It it practical, for example, to use a 37" LCD HDTV set with a resolution of 1080p, as my PC monitor?
Would PS images still be acceptably sharp on a 37" screen? If so, that would be way cool because I plan to get a 37" LCD HDTV for Christmas anyway. I could then just hook up my PC to it and have a killer browser and PS workspace.
Bob Williams

Yes – make sure you do your research first. 1080 is really part of the wired home concept where all you do is computer controlled and centralized. For example, setting up your computer for home security so you can hear a noise and bring up a camera view on your television …. which my father has done… and he gets terrific photos of bears, racoons, deer, etc. :0)

Anyway…. LCD helps avoid image burn in.

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4, OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16×8" V40s, BFG gForce T/A skins. Cobra drop, halogen and LED lighting.
JB
just bob
Oct 2, 2008
My laptop screen is 1920×1200 at 15.4 inches. I would hate to be stuck using a monitor with more than twice that "pitch". At 37 inches I would like a screen which is closer to 5000 pixels wide.

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
Bob Williams
V
veegerNOSPAM
Oct 2, 2008
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:37:09 -0700, "just bob" wrote:

My laptop screen is 1920×1200 at 15.4 inches. I would hate to be stuck using a monitor with more than twice that "pitch". At 37 inches I would like a screen which is closer to 5000 pixels wide.

Bob Williams
The highr the better, but how much one spends is an important consideration.

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4, OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16×8" V40s, BFG gForce T/A skins. Cobra drop, halogen and LED lighting.
JB
just bob
Oct 3, 2008
wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:37:09 -0700, "just bob" wrote:

My laptop screen is 1920×1200 at 15.4 inches. I would hate to be stuck using
a monitor with more than twice that "pitch". At 37 inches I would like a screen which is closer to 5000 pixels wide.

Some of the current crop of LCD HDTV sets have resolutions of 1080p (typically 1920 x 1080 pixels) and some ALSO have PC inputs. It it practical, for example, to use a 37" LCD HDTV set with a resolution
of 1080p, as my PC monitor?
Would PS images still be acceptably sharp on a 37" screen? If so, that would be way cool because I plan to get a 37" LCD HDTV for Christmas anyway. I could then just hook up my PC to it and have a killer
browser and PS workspace.
Bob Williams
The highr the better, but how much one spends is an important consideration.

Hi, Absolutely. That is why I am sticking with what I got. I tried to use a 24" LCD computer monitor at 1920x and it was unusable for me as the pixel pitch was too high for my tastes.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections