NP
Posted By
Norman_Plankey
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure when or how this happened — I had installed PS 7 with KPT 5 and KPT 3 but I rarely use the Kai’s filters… I had upgraded from PS 6 and just copied the installation along with the plugins, leaving both versions on the machine in case 7 had problems.

The other day, I had to re-create some web graphics that were made using PS7/KPT 5 and when I opened a file and initiated the shape-shift tool, there was a titlebar saying KPT5 in the middle of the filter interface! I couldn’t move anywhere but was able to move the various elements of the filter tool out form under it, get my work done and move on.

Later, I came back to look at it — though I had intended to remove PS 6 after confirming stability, I never actually got around to it so I launched it and tried KPT 5 filters again and got the same result! Then I un-installed the filters, re-installed one, ran it without the update then with the update, ran it in 7 alone, 6 alone and it always had this ugly title bar in the way!

So I thought I’d post here and see if this is an XP issue or what? Its not super critical but after all the options I’ve been through, I’m curious as to whether or not anyone else has had this issue.

NP

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
May 10, 2004
see the faq, or upgrade to 7.01.
NP
Norman_Plankey
May 17, 2004
Dave,

Thanks: saw the FAQ and uninstalled 6 and 7 — installed CS. Same problem.

I find it strange that it is only happening to me… must be something with my system.
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2004
did you install 7.0.1? it’s fixed in there.
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2004
Carol Steele "Photoshop 7.0.0 freezes after applying a KPT3 filter." 9/13/02 3:22pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
NP
Norman_Plankey
May 24, 2004
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link — yes, I installed the 7.0.1 update but my issue is more of a UI issue. I don’t have lockups but rather, just this annoying interface title bar right in the middle of the screen. There is no way to get rid of it! One needs to rearrange the filters dialog boxes out from beneath this bar to do the work – it is a big pain! (On a side note, I noticed a similar errant title bar for my DIVX movie player — with that one, I could click on the X to close it, which dismissed the player app as well. I visited the DIVX site and found an update which fixed that issue.)
So I guess it is something with my system — I’ll keep trying work arounds and if I find something that works, I’ll post it here.

Thanks again, Dave,

NP
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 24, 2004
I’d check the video drivers to make sure if they are up to date…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections