DH
Posted By
Dennis Hughes
Feb 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of my Adobe products went haywire this weekend. Illy CS & Acrobat Reader 7 would not open and Photoshop CS would hang up while generating previews in the browser.

Adobe Tech support had me check my Documents and Settings/dennis/Local Settings/ Temp folder. It had over 65k files in it, the max allowed in a folder.

I emptied that folder and now all runs fine. This will affect more apps than just Adobe, so keep this in the back of your head.

Thanks Adobe Tech Support –

Dennis

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Feb 22, 2005
Dennis Hughes wrote:
All of my Adobe products went haywire this weekend. Illy CS & Acrobat Reader 7 would not open and Photoshop CS would hang up while generating previews in the browser.

Adobe Tech support had me check my Documents and Settings/dennis/Local Settings/ Temp folder. It had over 65k files in it, the max allowed in a folder.

I emptied that folder and now all runs fine. This will affect more apps than just Adobe, so keep this in the back of your head.

Dennis
65k? Gee, I have about 400 MB in there and everything is running fine.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
S
SpaceGirl
Feb 22, 2005
edjh wrote:
Dennis Hughes wrote:

Dennis
65k? Gee, I have about 400 MB in there and everything is running fine.

65,000 FILES. Not kb 🙂 I have several gb in my temp folder. I think FAT limits the # of files. NTFS is more forgiving.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections