DM
Posted By
David_M_Lord
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey everyone. I’m wondering if anybody knows of any sites or pages that list the adobe photoshop type fonts. What their names are,and what they look like. I’m trying to design a logo, and I’d like to try out some different fonts to see how it looks, but It seems tedious to go through each and every font one by one, retyping my text to see how it looks. Thanks for the help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
May 6, 2004
Fonts are a function of the operating system. If you want to know what type will look like just type your text on the canvas, select it and then scroll down the list of fonts you have installed.

The text will change with each choice.

Bob
L
larry
May 6, 2004
Download a program like Printers Apprentice:
<http://www.loseyourmind.com>
or Font Lister:
<http://www.theill.com/fl/>

They both let you type in a line of text and see it in every font on your computer.

Larry Berman
DM
David_M_Lord
May 6, 2004
What do you mean Fonts are a function of the operating system? So you mean every version of photoshop will have different fonts depending on which operating system the user has? And when you say to type it on the canvas, select it and scroll down the list, do you mean on photoshop? or on microsoft word or some other program on my operating system? thanks.
RW
Rene_Walling
May 6, 2004
Fonts are independant from the software.

This means all the fonts in your system are available to all the softwares that can make use of them.

Wether I have the same fonts as you or someone else is a function of what fonts I have installed on my system, not which software I happen run.
JJ
John Joslin
May 7, 2004
Wether I have the same fonts as you or someone else is a function of what fonts I have installed on my system, not which software I happen run.<

Many software programs install a load of fonts without asking. The origin of fonts on your system may be:

1. Installed with the Windows OS

2. Installed by 3rd party programs

3. Installed by you

They can all be viewed as described in the previous posts. Another handy method is ACDSee if you have it installed for file viewing.

Cheers – John
May 7, 2004
wrote:

What do you mean Fonts are a function of the operating system? So you mean every version of photoshop will have different fonts depending on which operating system the user has?

Close – fonts are installed into Windows or MacOS, not into Photoshop*. What fonts you install, and how many you install** is entirely up to the user of the machine, and will vary from machine to machine. So you might have some fonts available to you that your friend does not, and vice versa, depending on what fonts you’ve purchased separately from Windows, and what fonts were installed by programs you installed on your machine.

There is no way for anyone other than you to print a list of the fonts available on your machine.

* Adobe applications do use their own fonts folder in addition to the system fonts, and these fonts are available only to Adobe applications. Being extremely anal about font management I remove these fonts and activate them via Suitcase instead, so they are under my control and available to all applications.

** Older versions of Windows cannot handle large numbers of installed fonts without problems; on Win95-98 I recommend never activating more than a couple hundered at a time. (And that’s if you don’t use font management like Suitcase or ATM – if you do, and you should, then you should only activate the fonts you are using for the project you’re currently working on.)
PA
Peter Aitken
May 7, 2004
wrote in message
Hey everyone. I’m wondering if anybody knows of any sites or pages that
list the adobe photoshop type fonts. What their names are,and what they look like. I’m trying to design a logo, and I’d like to try out some different fonts to see how it looks, but It seems tedious to go through each and every font one by one, retyping my text to see how it looks. Thanks for the help!

If you have Word, you can use it – its font list displays each font name in that font so it’s easy to see what it looks like. Note that fonts are installed system-wide so Word will have the same fonts available as PS.

Peter Aitken

Remove the crap from my email address before using.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections