D
Posted By
Deadlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have some old family portraits which have been printed on textured paper. When scanned the texture is very noticable and I would like to eliminate it if possible. Can you suggest ways of approaching this issue please? Peter

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 17, 2005
Deadlegs wrote:
I have some old family portraits which have been printed on textured paper. When scanned the texture is very noticable and I would like to eliminate it if possible. Can you suggest ways of approaching this issue please?

Scan twice, rotating between scans, and put one image on top of the other as a layer in darken mode.

Another solution is to light them with diffuse light and photograph them with a digital camera.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
D
Deadlegs
Feb 17, 2005
Thanks Mike.
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Deadlegs wrote:
I have some old family portraits which have been printed on textured paper. When scanned the texture is very noticable and I would like to eliminate it if possible. Can you suggest ways of approaching this issue please?

Scan twice, rotating between scans, and put one image on top of the other as
a layer in darken mode.

Another solution is to light them with diffuse light and photograph them with a digital camera.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

RF
Robert Feinman
Feb 17, 2005
In article <1EOQd.163704$>,
says…
I have some old family portraits which have been printed on textured paper. When scanned the texture is very noticable and I would like to eliminate it if possible. Can you suggest ways of approaching this issue please? Peter
For very highly textured surfaces sometimes the only solution is to rephotograph the print. Set up a camera with two lights at 45 degrees to the surface so as to minimize surface reflections.
A little online searching for copying techniques should find some articles.

The light from scanners hits straight on and is thus reflect right back into the sensor.

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:
D
Deadlegs
Feb 17, 2005
Thanks again,
I will add this technique to my tool kit as I am sure to need it in future. "Robert Feinman" wrote in message
In article <1EOQd.163704$>,
says…
I have some old family portraits which have been printed on textured paper.
When scanned the texture is very noticable and I would like to eliminate it
if possible. Can you suggest ways of approaching this issue please? Peter
For very highly textured surfaces sometimes the only solution is to rephotograph the print. Set up a camera with two lights at 45 degrees to the surface so as to minimize surface reflections.
A little online searching for copying techniques should find some articles.

The light from scanners hits straight on and is thus reflect right back into the sensor.

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections