PP
Posted By
Philip_Peterson
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you had to justify an upgrade to cs from photoshop 6 for a spot color printing company, what would you tell your penny pinching computer department as advantages?

Kinda off topic, but I figure I can use all the ammo I can get…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
May 6, 2004
Quite honestly, I can’t really come up with anything major.

Bob
G
graffiti
May 6, 2004
You can always tell them you’ll quit if they don’t and that retraining a new staff person would cost way more than the software upgrade price.

Just an idea if you get desperate. 🙂
PP
Philip_Peterson
May 7, 2004
Well, I’m not that desperate, but full marks for originality!
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 7, 2004
The file browser (new in 7, updated in CS) will be a good asset for your content management, provided that you add metadata to the files.

You need to have the latest versions of your software, or you may have customers bringing files that your version can’t open.

You want to be able to edit 16 bit files in Layers.

You want to be able to import your own pictures straight from a camera with Camera Raw 2.2…

For a few more $, you can update to the Creative suite, and get Indesign CS to replace that old dinosaur of Quark … you’ll have also Acrobat, and will be able to create PDF’s in most applications.
GS
Gustavo_Sanchez
May 7, 2004
…. And if you update to the Creative Suite you’ll receive InDesign CS with a very nice support for mixed inks (combination of spot inks) and Acrobat Pro 6 that beats anything version 5 could do in prepress matters.

That could be armour piercing ammo ;
DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2004
and 200+ free fonts with the creative suite…
GS
Gustavo_Sanchez
May 7, 2004
….But no set of Ginsu knives. That was only for the first 50 phone calls.
MM
Mick_Murphy
May 7, 2004
Scripting is a really big difference between 6 and CS. Could save vast amounts of time depending on workflow. Might allow them to cut back on staff.
G
graffiti
May 7, 2004
Might allow them to cut back on staff.

Time to start backstabbing your co-workers. 🙂
PA
Peter Aitken
May 7, 2004
wrote in message
If you had to justify an upgrade to cs from photoshop 6 for a spot color
printing company, what would you tell your penny pinching computer department as advantages?
Kinda off topic, but I figure I can use all the ammo I can get…

If you don’t know what’s better about it, why do you want it? Rushing to upgrade without a good reason is pure stupidity.

Peter Aitken

Remove the crap from my email address before using.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections