MB
Posted By
M.B.Clark
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open a file (JPEG, TIFF or whatever) and open an adjustment layer, the adjustment layer goes immediately to the layer palette (without allowing any adjustments) and Photoshop freezes up. I don’t get the normal screen view of the adjustment layer so I can’t make any adjustments. I get an eyedropper which I can move around the image and, when used, it changes the foreground color. The layers palette is frozen and everything else in Photoshop is frozen. If I hit the escape key, the adjustment layer is deleted from the layer palette, and Photoshop reverts to normal but the adjustment layer function continues to malfunction.

I have restored my computer to an earlier date and I get the same malfunctions. I also re-installed Photoshop to no avail. This problem surfaced today. I used Photoshop yesterday with no problems. I have used Photoshop 7.01 for several months with no problems whatsoever.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JB
Jonathan_Balza
May 6, 2004
Reset your preferences, as per the FAQ <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4a07f> on this site.

You have a dialog box that is off screen, therefore you can’t see it and think PS has frozen up.
MB
M.B.Clark
May 6, 2004
Thanks, it’s fixed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections