Please help needed by pro photographer …..totally confounded!!!!!!!!!……….monitor issue

Q
Posted By
qwerty
Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello

wld appreciate any help on this .

I have just purchased a new philips tft monitor to replace ctr one . however image in photoshop is lighter and maybe different in other ways too ….than the same image opened at the same time in ANY other program …even print preview . !!!!!!!!!!

have tried monitor on all friends machines and there is no problem . I have even tried another tft monitor on this computer and its fine …image completely the same . I cant understand it and all friends have now run out of ideas!!!.

have removed image gamma loader from start up but this made no difference …am now going to put it back,

this is pretty desperate before i have to resort to returning the monitor to retailer or to philips .

any suggestions most welcome .

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DO
Deciple of EOS
Feb 16, 2005
qwerty wrote:
hello

wld appreciate any help on this .

I have just purchased a new philips tft monitor to replace ctr one . however image in photoshop is lighter and maybe different in other ways too …than the same image opened at the same time in ANY other program …even print preview . !!!!!!!!!!

have tried monitor on all friends machines and there is no problem . I have even tried another tft monitor on this computer and its fine …image completely the same . I cant understand it and all friends have now run out of ideas!!!.

have removed image gamma loader from start up but this made no difference ..am now going to put it back,

this is pretty desperate before i have to resort to returning the monitor to retailer or to philips .

any suggestions most welcome .

Return the monitor if you wish but it’s not the monitor’s fault. The disc which comes with the monitor has a driver on it, use it. Photoshop has "default workspace" colour settings. Use them. Calm down and you’ll figure it out.

EOS my GOD,
Give me ISO for I have not yet seen the light.
Take away my grain, give me colour and you
shall have given me the edge!
B
birdman
Feb 16, 2005
Some of what you are seeing, because the profiles are mismached, is the reason why non-CRTs are often not the best choice for photo imaging: brightness, contrast, limited color range issues, ghosting etc.

However, if you profile your monitor and use color management correctly your situation may drastically improve to where you find it usable. If you have a high quality LCD monitor and do not plan to make many subtle adjustments in color and shadows it will probably work for you. Adobe Gamma does not work reliably with CRTs and is a non-starter with LCDs.

You need to better understand the basics of color management and color spaces if you are going to make a living with Photoshop. Color management has to become an obsession.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections