DE
Posted By
Don_E._Anderson
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to spell the word SENIOR in bold type and have a different photo of the senior show through each letter with the photo showing through only in the shape of the letter. I know this isn’t explained very well, but if anyone knows ahwt I’m looking for I would appreciate your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
May 5, 2004
Place your photos on layers ABOVE the text. Now link the layers with the photos and merge them to one layer.

With the alt key held down place the curser between the text layer and the photos layer. You’ll see the cursor change. Click the mouse to get the effect.

Bob
DE
Don_E._Anderson
May 5, 2004
Thanks for your help!
N
norm
May 5, 2004
Type your text. Place text layer beneath the photo. Alt click on the line between the text and photo layers. You can move the photo or text around to get the specific part of the photo to show through.

wrote in message
I want to spell the word SENIOR in bold type and have a different photo of
the senior show through each letter with the photo showing through only in the shape of the letter. I know this isn’t explained very well, but if anyone knows ahwt I’m looking for I would appreciate your help.
KP
Katri_Pokats
May 7, 2004
Could you explain this linking the layers part, please?
And by merging you mean the usual merge layers (CTL+E) command? Thanks,
Katri
RL
Robert_Levine
May 7, 2004
In the layers pallete, to the left of the layer name is a box that you can click on. That will link the layer to the currently selected layer.

So, select one picture layer, then click the box on the other layers. You’ll see an icon that looks like a chain.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections