Posted By
Chalky
Jan 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Newbie question – sorry!

I have just got a new TFT monitor, which gives me good reproduction of images.

However, when I open Photoshop CS, these same images with good colouring appear to be very pale with low colour saturation.

Can anyone advise me how to correct the problem please?

Thanks,
Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Chalky
Jan 29, 2005
Meant to also say that with my previous TFT monitor – the colours onscreen matched what I got in Photoshop – the fact that the 2 now don’t match is what’s throwing me.

"Chalky" wrote in message
Newbie question – sorry!

However, when I open Photoshop CS, these same images with good colouring appear to be very pale with low colour saturation.

Thanks,
Bill
FZ
Fred Zafran
Jan 29, 2005
Big topic.

The real need is for color management across all devices (e.g., scanner, digital camera, Photoshop CS, monitor and printer).

Take a look at
http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/color-management-fe eling-lost.html.

After this, open up Photoshop Help and search on color management. Adobe has provides a pretty good overview.

Once color management is "stable"… it then becomes a consideration of quality of images and approach for image manipulation/optimization.

Newbie question – sorry!

Thanks,
Bill
C
Chalky
Jan 29, 2005
Thanks Fred!

"Fred Zafran" wrote in message
Big topic.

The real need is for color management across all devices (e.g., scanner, digital camera, Photoshop CS, monitor and printer).

Take a look at
http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/color-management-fe eling-lost.html.
After this, open up Photoshop Help and search on color management. Adobe has provides a pretty good overview.

Once color management is "stable"… it then becomes a consideration of quality of images and approach for image manipulation/optimization.

Newbie question – sorry!

Thanks,
Bill

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections