K
Posted By
karen402
Jun 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sure that I’m missing something simple here. I did a google search and I guess I didn’t phrase it right.
I have a gif file that I want to save as a jpg. When I do a "Save As" that is not one of the options. So I saved it as a .psd and couldn’t save that as a .jpg either.
I’m sure that it’s in the help file but I didn’t find it. WinXP Photoshop 7.01
Thanks Karen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Stephan
Jun 27, 2003
wrote in message
I’m sure that I’m missing something simple here. I did a google search and I guess I didn’t phrase it right.
I have a gif file that I want to save as a jpg. When I do a "Save As" that is not one of the options. So I saved it as a .psd and couldn’t save that as a .jpg either.
Thanks Karen

You probably have layers, flatten before saving

Stephan
M
Mouse
Jun 27, 2003
Check the colour mode of your gif image. If it’s ‘indexed colour’, convert it to RGB and it’ll let you save it as a jpeg.

wrote in message
Thanks Karen
J
jaSPAMc
Jun 27, 2003
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:48:47 GMT, found
these unused words floating about:

Thanks Karen

Set to RGB instead of Indexed Colour.
K
karen402
Jun 27, 2003
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:51:37 -0700, J. A. Mc.
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:48:47 GMT, found
these unused words floating about:

Thanks Karen

Set to RGB instead of Indexed Colour.
Thanks everyone. I changed to RGB colour and that did the trick.
J
jrzyguy
Jun 28, 2003
go to image/mode and select RGB. It is quite simple…your original gif is most likely indexed…..you cant save indexed as a jpg (there arent enough colors in palate)….by switching to RGB mode you up the color palate and therefore can save to jpg…png…or other formats.

just try it…it will work…..you will figure out why it works

jj

wrote in message
Thanks Karen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections