PK
Posted By
Peter Kopala
Jan 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am doing stop motion. And need to fid out how to do a certain thing with photoshop. I know you can do this, but don’t know how. Wut i want to do is make an object fly, Well from what I read, what you need to is take a picture with ur camera still, then take another one with the camera unmoved with the object plus what ever it is attached (wire) to apear floating. From this I heard by using the picture with out anything in it, u can erase the wire in the second picture without making it white, but when you erase it, you will see what would actually be behind the wire if the wire wasnt there. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
jaSPAMc
Jan 25, 2005
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:39:57 -0500, "Peter Kopala" found these unused words floating about:

Hi, I am doing stop motion. And need to fid out how to do a certain thing with photoshop. I know you can do this, but don’t know how. Wut i want to do is make an object fly, Well from what I read, what you need to is take a picture with ur camera still, then take another one with the camera unmoved with the object plus what ever it is attached (wire) to apear floating. From this I heard by using the picture with out anything in it, u can erase the wire in the second picture without making it white, but when you erase it, you will see what would actually be behind the wire if the wire wasnt there. Can anyone help?
Take an image without the ‘object’. This is your ‘permanant’ background. Layer each ‘move’ erase the wire or support (the original background will show through), Save As, delete layer. Step and Repeat until done.

…. and finish your English classes!
PK
Peter Kopala
Jan 25, 2005
Well i put in the no object picture, its on the background layer. And i go to Layer > New> Layer, make a new layer, but how do i apply a new picture (with object) onto it the new layer?
C
Corey
Jan 26, 2005
There are at least a couple of ways to do this.

Multiple shots on the camera:
Place your camera on a tripod so it remains stationary. Shoot the sequences as the object moves through the field of view. . Open these files in Photoshop and SHFT-drag the 2nd shot to the first shot file. Then drag the 3rd, then the 4th, and continue until you have all images in one file. Each image will be in it’s own layer with the first image in the bottom layer and the last image on top with the other sequences in chronological order.

Now, turn off the eyes for all the other layers except the bottom one by ALT-clicking on the bottom layer’s eye. Use your clone tool to eliminate the wire in this layer, probably with a soft brush at about 70-80% opacity. Make a couple swipes to get it completely. The reduced opacity and soft brush will help prevent "edges".

Turn on the eye for the next layer and select that layer and repeat the process. Repeat this step until all layers have the wire hidden.

Press CTRL+SHFT+M to jump to ImageReady. Once in ImageReady. find the Animation Palette and click on the tiny triangle at the top right. Select "Make Frames from Layers." This will change each layer into a frame of a movie. Press the play button on the Animation palette to see it in action. You can set the time the animation stays on each frame by clicking on the time at the bottom of the frame. Select all frames by SHFT-clicking on the first and last to change them all at once.

Single shots of object and background.
Another way to do this is to shoot one image of the suspended object. Then shoot one image of the area where you want the object to fly. Open these two images in Photoshop and SHFT-drag the flying object file to the background file. Use your favorite selection tool(s) to make a selection around the flying object and either use a layer mask to hide the background or delete the background by Selecting Inverse (CTRL+SHFT+I) and pressing the delete key.

Move the object to the place where you want it to be first. Then jump to ImageReady and go to the Animation palette. click on the new frame icon at the bottom of the animation palette. In the new frame, move the object where you want it end up…off stage perhaps. Now click on the little triangle in the upper right corner of the Animation palette and select Tween. Select the number of frames you want use to move from the beginning position to the final position. Adjust the time of each frame to suit your needs.

Now you can save this as an animation in GIF format, export it as a QuickTime Movie, save it as a psd animation or with CS, export to Flash.

Peadge 🙂

"Peter Kopala" wrote in message
Well i put in the no object picture, its on the background layer. And i go to Layer > New> Layer, make a new layer, but how do i apply a new picture (with object) onto it the new layer?

PK
Peter Kopala
Jan 26, 2005
Thanks

"Peadge" wrote in message
There are at least a couple of ways to do this.

Multiple shots on the camera:
Place your camera on a tripod so it remains stationary. Shoot the sequences
as the object moves through the field of view. . Open these files in Photoshop and SHFT-drag the 2nd shot to the first shot file. Then drag the
3rd, then the 4th, and continue until you have all images in one file. Each
image will be in it’s own layer with the first image in the bottom layer and
the last image on top with the other sequences in chronological order.
Now, turn off the eyes for all the other layers except the bottom one by ALT-clicking on the bottom layer’s eye. Use your clone tool to eliminate the
wire in this layer, probably with a soft brush at about 70-80% opacity. Make
a couple swipes to get it completely. The reduced opacity and soft brush will help prevent "edges".

Turn on the eye for the next layer and select that layer and repeat the process. Repeat this step until all layers have the wire hidden.
Press CTRL+SHFT+M to jump to ImageReady. Once in ImageReady. find the Animation Palette and click on the tiny triangle at the top right. Select "Make Frames from Layers." This will change each layer into a frame of a movie. Press the play button on the Animation palette to see it in action. You can set the time the animation stays on each frame by clicking on the time at the bottom of the frame. Select all frames by SHFT-clicking on the first and last to change them all at once.

Single shots of object and background.
Another way to do this is to shoot one image of the suspended object. Then shoot one image of the area where you want the object to fly. Open these two
images in Photoshop and SHFT-drag the flying object file to the background file. Use your favorite selection tool(s) to make a selection around the flying object and either use a layer mask to hide the background or delete the background by Selecting Inverse (CTRL+SHFT+I) and pressing the delete key.

Move the object to the place where you want it to be first. Then jump to ImageReady and go to the Animation palette. click on the new frame icon at the bottom of the animation palette. In the new frame, move the object where
you want it end up…off stage perhaps. Now click on the little triangle in
the upper right corner of the Animation palette and select Tween. Select the
number of frames you want use to move from the beginning position to the final position. Adjust the time of each frame to suit your needs.
Now you can save this as an animation in GIF format, export it as a QuickTime Movie, save it as a psd animation or with CS, export to Flash.

Peadge 🙂

"Peter Kopala" wrote in message
Well i put in the no object picture, its on the background layer. And i go
to Layer > New> Layer, make a new layer, but how do i apply a new picture (with object) onto it the new layer?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections