Posted By
carl_cropley
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I wonder if anybody can help. I have photoshop CS and the default swatch palette Grey have a yellow tint to them from a brand new install. For example
50 % grey has a RGB of 129,129,105
10 % grey has a RGB of 230,230,223
It seems to tint on a curve. All the colour management is turned off. But it should make no different to the swatches.

I have asked a friend to send me his default swatches which were right on his PC and when i loaded them into mine they changed to tinted

Has anybody got any idea whats happening here.

thanks

Carl

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Apr 29, 2004
Run Adobe Gamma and create a good monitor profile
CC
carl_cropley
Apr 29, 2004
Thanks Len
But but that should not change the value of a swatch it might look different on the monitor. Which isn’t my concern at the moment.
the swatch colour is not 50% grey which is 128,128,128. I click on the swatch and look at the rgb and its 129 129 105. Changing my monitor settings shouldn’t change the numbers in photoshop.
L
LenHewitt
Apr 29, 2004
Carl,

I click on the swatch and look at the rgb and its 129 129 105. <<

Where are you looking?

A grey swatch in the default swatches palette will show a greyscale value (K) and a CMYK value in the info palette, not an RGB value.
CC
carl_cropley
Apr 30, 2004
Sorry about the delay Len
I right click on the swatch to select the colour for say my foreground. Then I right click on my foregound colour and the colur picker appears and in the rgb value that shoiuld be 128’s i get the the colour i said. this is what is strange.

Thanks Len

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections