M
Posted By
Majicman17
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone have any ideas on how to simulate a paint brush stroke? My best description would be to imagine a paint brush with a lot of pain smeared down a wood door. There would be a lot of paint on the top, where the brush began, and it would eventually fade/dissolve/blot out toward the end of the stroke. I wish I could find an example online, something similar to the stroke behind the "V" in Village at this site: http://thevillage.movies.com.

Any ideas would be great, I am working on Photoshop CS.

Seth Meranda
smeranda<at>unlnotes<dot>unl<dot>edu

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 27, 2004
Seth,

I’m not experienced enough with painting techniques in PSCS to know just how realistic a result can be obtained, but if you use a tablet with pressure sensitivity (such as a Wacom), then the brush dynamics in PSCS will yield strokes similar to what you describe. Have you explored the Brushes palette options?

Even without a pressure-sensitive input device such as a mouse, you can still activate Shape Dynamics and apply a size jitter that results in a progressively smaller brush. With other options combined in, you may still be able to obtain a sufficient effect to what you describe.

Hope that helps,

Daryl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections