Olympus sp-550uz
CS3 suite
windows Xp, 1.8 Gig ram
asus p4 s533/333/133
Intel(R) Celeron (R) CPU 2.00 GHz
MMX(TM), SSe SSE2
Processor Radeon7000 0x5159 agp

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AM
Andrew Morton
Apr 3, 2008
Jean Pierre Daviau wrote:
What is the difference betwen this group and
alt.graphics.photoshop?

See the "Heirarchies" section of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup

Andrew
P
prowler
Apr 3, 2008
"Jean Pierre Daviau" wrote in message
Hi,

What is the difference betwen this group and alt.graphics.photoshop?

<<::SNIP::>>

Jean Pierre Daviau

Andrew’s suggestion is good for understanding the how and why of the various heirarchies. In terms of day to day usage, there is little difference between this group and either alt.graphics.photoshop or adobe.photoshop.windows, as you will find that many of the active responders frequent all three groups.

IIRC, adobe.photoshop.windows is part of a private heirarchy (like that run by Microsoft) set up and supported by Adobe itself to support its products.

prowler

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
———————————————————- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
———————————————————- http://www.usenet.com
J
Joe
Apr 3, 2008
"Jean Pierre Daviau" wrote:

Hi,

alt.graphics.photoshop?

Different users composing different message, may be?

Thanks for your attention.

Jean Pierre Daviau
R
ronviers
Apr 3, 2008
On Apr 3, 9:42 am, "Andrew Morton"
wrote:
alt.graphics.photoshop?

See the "Heirarchies" section ofhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup
Andrew

That was interesting but I am still not clear. I am a member of the alt group but I don’t have time check it regularly. I do check in on occasion but do not post because I do not want to throw people off. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes things I say in this group will show up in that group even though I did not post to that group. Why does that happen?

Thanks,
Ron
J
JD
Apr 3, 2008
wrote:
wrote:
alt.graphics.photoshop?
Andrew

That was interesting but I am still not clear. I am a member of the alt group but I don’t have time check it regularly. I do check in on occasion but do not post because I do not want to throw people off. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes things I say in this group will show up in that group even though I did not post to that group. Why does that happen?

Thanks,
Ron

The original poster cross-posted to two newsgroups and when you replied you replied to both newsgroups? When you hit reply, look at what newsgroups you are replying to.

JD..
R
ronviers
Apr 3, 2008
On Apr 3, 4:13 pm, JD wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
alt.graphics.photoshop?

Andrew

Thanks,
Ron

The original poster cross-posted to two newsgroups and when you replied you replied to both newsgroups? When you hit reply, look at what newsgroups you are replying to.

JD..

Thanks JD,
How is it possible to cross-post?
J
Joe
Apr 3, 2008
JD wrote:

wrote:
wrote:
alt.graphics.photoshop?
Andrew

Thanks,
Ron

Multiple posts may be but doesn’t look like x-posted as my reader didn’t see as true x-posted to ask for the confirmation.
J
JD
Apr 3, 2008
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
alt.graphics.photoshop?
See the "Heirarchies" section ofhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup Andrew
Thanks,
Ron

JD..

Thanks JD,

I’m using SeaMonkey as my newsreader and that iz what I use to post to this newsgroup. When I reply to your message, I can see that this message is going to one newsgroup, com.graphics.apps.photoshop.

If you had posted the same message in two newsgroups then I would also see I was replying in that newsgroup, for example alt.graphics.photoshop.

It would work the same way if I was posting a new message. I could start in this newsgroup and then add the other newsgroup and my message would appear in both newsgroups.

JD..
R
ronviers
Apr 4, 2008
On Apr 3, 6:03 pm, JD wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
alt.graphics.photoshop?
See the "Heirarchies" section ofhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup Andrew
Thanks,
Ron

JD..

Thanks JD,

I’m using SeaMonkey as my newsreader and that iz what I use to post to this newsgroup. When I reply to your message, I can see that this message is going to one newsgroup, com.graphics.apps.photoshop.
If you had posted the same message in two newsgroups then I would also see I was replying in that newsgroup, for example alt.graphics.photoshop.
It would work the same way if I was posting a new message. I could start in this newsgroup and then add the other newsgroup and my message would appear in both newsgroups.

JD..

I will drop it because it doesn’t seem very important but I have to admit that none of it makes any sense to me. Thanks for explaining it though.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections