Can Photoshop Import CorelDraw files..???

BR
Posted By
B Roberts
Jan 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell me how I can import a CorelDraw file (extension "cdr") with having layers ("objects" in CorelDraw) ?

Do I have to export a certain way from CorelDraw?

Any help would be appreciated

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
SpaceGirl
Jan 13, 2005
B Roberts wrote:
Can anyone tell me how I can import a CorelDraw file (extension "cdr") with having layers ("objects" in CorelDraw) ?

You can probably do it through Illustrator, then save them as Illustrator files (which PS will happily open). CDR files are vector files, and PhotoShop only supports a very limited number of vector formats (after all, it is a photo editing package, not an illustration package).

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
S
SCRUFF
Jan 13, 2005
"SpaceGirl" wrote in message
B Roberts wrote:

You can probably do it through Illustrator, then save them as Illustrator files (which PS will happily open). CDR files are vector files, and PhotoShop only supports a very limited number of vector formats (after all, it is a photo editing package, not an illustration package).

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #

Yes, this is how I do it!
J
jrzyguy
Jan 15, 2005
I do this a lot at work…and find that the best way is to save over to illustrator and only THEN will photoshop recognize the vector shapes….or you have the option to copy and paste as paths.

Unfortunately going from Corel to PS has never been a quick an easy task (at least for me). If there are some clever ways i would love to find out "B Roberts" wrote in message

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections