N
Posted By
no
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was trying to make a buddy icon for aol, 50×50 pixel jpg under 7k, but photoshop CS was unable to do this. No matter the quality i chose it wouldnt go lower than 8k. So i tried in PS 6 and the file size was much smaller (depending on the quality chosen). what gives?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris Cox
Dec 8, 2003
Use SaveForWeb to get the smallest file sizes.

And the size saved in CS probably means that you had thumbnails, previews, metadata, profiles, etc. included in the file. (which SFW doesn’t include)

Chris

In article <HKUAb.19958$>, frederickson
wrote:

I was trying to make a buddy icon for aol, 50×50 pixel jpg under 7k, but photoshop CS was unable to do this. No matter the quality i chose it wouldnt go lower than 8k. So i tried in PS 6 and the file size was much smaller (depending on the quality chosen). what gives?
B
bhilton665
Dec 8, 2003

I was trying to make a buddy icon for aol, 50×50 pixel jpg under 7k, but photoshop CS was unable to do this. No matter the quality i chose it wouldnt go lower than 8k.

I’m using Save For Web and my thumbnail images (116×116 pixels) are usually 2K – 4K (most under 3K) with excellent detail. Try that instead of ImageReady (if that’s what you’re using now).

If you want to see samples I can point you to a page of thumbnails.

Bill
T
tacitr
Dec 8, 2003
I was trying to make a buddy icon for aol, 50×50 pixel jpg under 7k, but photoshop CS was unable to do this. No matter the quality i chose it wouldnt go lower than 8k.

You have instructed Photoshop CS to include extra information–probably a preview and/or a thumbnail, and possibly a color profile as well–into every file you save.

Either save the file without instructing Photoshop to include this extra information, or use Save for Web (which does not include extra information).

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections