Posted By
Dadio
Jan 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello
I have installed the VicMan "anti red eye" plugin (PS 8.0) and it works well. Nice and easy red eye removal.

But… After installing the plugin and using Photoshop without a problem I close down Photoshop and it will not re-start.

If I uninstall the plugin Photoshop is back to normal. I can then shut Photoshop down, reinstall the plugin, and Photoshop will start ok, including the plugin.

If I then shutdown Photoshop and try and start it again I am back to square one. It will not start until the plugin is uninstalled.

I have replicated the problem on two seperate pc’s, both using Windows 2000 (SP4) and both using PS CS (8.0).
It does not cause a problem with PS7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Les

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hecate
Jan 10, 2005
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:36:42 GMT, "Dadio" wrote:

Hello
I have installed the VicMan "anti red eye" plugin (PS 8.0) and it works well. Nice and easy red eye removal.

But… After installing the plugin and using Photoshop without a problem I close down Photoshop and it will not re-start.

If I uninstall the plugin Photoshop is back to normal. I can then shut Photoshop down, reinstall the plugin, and Photoshop will start ok, including the plugin.

If I then shutdown Photoshop and try and start it again I am back to square one. It will not start until the plugin is uninstalled.
I have replicated the problem on two seperate pc’s, both using Windows 2000 (SP4) and both using PS CS (8.0).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Don’t use the plug in.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
DL
Donald Link
Jan 11, 2005

Hello

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Les
Have you tried to call the vendor of the Plug in. (It is legal I hope). However, there are some plugins that will just not work with Photoshop CS because they have not been upgraded. I think about 80% of even very old plugins work without a problem, but it sounds to me like it is the plugin that is the problem and you have to either see if there is an upgrade or not use it. I do not have it installed and wonder also if anyone else has tried it.
D
Dadio
Jan 11, 2005
Thank you Donald
I must conclude that it is the plugin that is causing the problem. Yes, it is a legitimate registered copy, not too expensive and quite effective. I do not get red eye with my professional kit but the happy snappy camera used by the family inevitably causes red eye.
I have written to the author of the plugin but not had a reply yet. Andromeda.com seem to produce something similar but a little more expensive. Hopefully vicman software will get back to me with a solution. Odd the way it works once then causes PS to hang when started a second time. Best wishes
Les

"Donald Link" wrote in message
Hello

But… After installing the plugin and using Photoshop without a problem
I
close down Photoshop and it will not re-start.

If I uninstall the plugin Photoshop is back to normal. I can then shut Photoshop down, reinstall the plugin, and Photoshop will start ok,
including
the plugin.

If I then shutdown Photoshop and try and start it again I am back to
square
one. It will not start until the plugin is uninstalled.
I have replicated the problem on two seperate pc’s, both using Windows
(SP4) and both using PS CS (8.0).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Les
Have you tried to call the vendor of the Plug in. (It is legal I hope). However, there are some plugins that will just not work with Photoshop CS because they have not been upgraded. I think about 80% of even very old plugins work without a problem, but it sounds to me like it is the plugin that is the problem and you have to either see if there is an upgrade or not use it. I do not have it installed and wonder also if anyone else has tried it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections