CG
Posted By
Claim Guy
Jan 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to allow a friend to use some of the Tool presets I have created in PS – is it possible to move a set of user created presets from one Photoshop program to another and if so, how?

Also, is PS the only graphics program with the "Art History Brush" functionality?

Thanks,

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Corey
Jan 9, 2005
You may be able to copy your Prefs onto a floppy (it’s a small file, probably around 100 to 150 KB) and have your friend drag it into his folder to replace his. To find your Prefs, look up preferences under Help, for your particular version.

Mine fore version 7, are under:

Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp

CS is under:
Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings\Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp

Don’t know the answer to your second question.

Peadge 🙂

"Claim Guy" wrote in message
I want to allow a friend to use some of the Tool presets I have created in PS – is it possible to move a set of user created presets from one
Photoshop
program to another and if so, how?

Also, is PS the only graphics program with the "Art History Brush" functionality?

Thanks,

S
SpaceGirl
Jan 9, 2005
Peadge wrote:
You may be able to copy your Prefs onto a floppy (it’s a small file, probably around 100 to 150 KB) and have your friend drag it into his folder to replace his. To find your Prefs, look up preferences under Help, for your particular version.

Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp

CS is under:
Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings\Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp

Peadge 🙂

People still use floppy disks!?!??!?? 😮

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
C
Corey
Jan 9, 2005
"SpaceGirl" wrote in message
Peadge wrote:
You may be able to copy your Prefs onto a floppy (it’s a small file, probably around 100 to 150 KB) and have your friend drag it into his
folder
to replace his. To find your Prefs, look up preferences under Help, for your particular version.

CS is under:

Peadge 🙂

People still use floppy disks!?!??!?? 😮

OOOOPS! Major faux pas! I should’ve said ToolPresets.psp NOT Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp.

The OP was looking how to copy his tool presets not his prefs.

My bad.

As for the floppy disks, let’s hope their not still using the big old 5 1/4 inch ones! I merely suggested using a floppy to indicate how tiny the actual file is. I’m pretty sure I would have to pull out a whole family of fully grown dust bunnies out of my floppy drive!

Peadge 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections