DE
Posted By
Don_E._Anderson
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have several work stations. On one we have a full version of Photoshop 7 installed, and on another a full version of Illustrator 8.
If we purchase CS Suite can we upgrade photoshop on one machine and upgrade Illustrator on the other with one purchase, or do we need to buy the suite for each machine?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 21, 2004
nope. the suite componant’s can’t be split up according to the eula.
GH
Grass_Hopper
Apr 21, 2004
My understanding is that if you buy the suite, it is expected to be installed *together* one one machine. BUT, that said, the EULA allows for the software to be installed on two machines, so it seems as if you would be covered.

Others with more knowledge will likely pop in soon!

🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 21, 2004
BUT, that said, the EULA allows for the software to be installed on two machines, so it seems as if you would be covered.

one for "home" use, one for "work" use. never to be used at the same time.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 21, 2004
ba-ba-bui
J
Jon1117
Apr 21, 2004
according to the agreement listed on the website, 1 CD can be installed and activated on up to 2 workstations.
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 21, 2004
You can’t upgrade to the suite from Illustrator. You can go to the suite on the machine with Photoshop. If you only need Illustrator on the other machine, you can upgrade just Illustrator.

If you want the entire suite on that machine you’ll have to either buy the full version or upgrade Illustrator and buy the full versions of the other individual apps.

Bob
DE
Don_E._Anderson
Apr 21, 2004
SO let me get this straight.
I can buy one version of CS suite. I can upgrade everything from the suite onto one machine , leaving out the Illustrator upgrade. I can then take the Illustrator upgrade and use that on a different machine in our office to upgrade from Illustrator 8 and everything will be legal?!.
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 21, 2004
The suite upgrade can only be used on the Photoshop machine. You can’t break it up. You can also use your Illustrator license to purchase an Illustrator upgrade for the other machine.

Bob
DE
Don_E._Anderson
Apr 21, 2004
Thanks for your help!
J
james
Apr 22, 2004
That’s a handy tip i never knew.. Would work well with my desktop & laptop setup.

wrote:

Thanks for your help!
J
jangell2
Apr 22, 2004
What if you had an iMac and a PC? Would it still be legal to install on each station? Of course it might be moot if the package is not multi-OS.

johnny
J
JasonSmith
Apr 22, 2004
"1 CD can be installed and activated on up to 2 workstations."

Yes, but only one install can be running at any time.
G
graffiti
Apr 22, 2004
Of course it might be moot if the package is not multi-OS.

It’s moot.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections