Posted By
ThievingScouser
Dec 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hiya,
Not sure if this belongs on an Epson newsgroup but couldn’t find one, so am hoping the good people here can help. 🙂

I’ve had my Epson Photo 890 for a while and never had a problem printing off panoramic prints before but this one is behaving very strangly. I have a picture I took a few years ago when in Australia and as I’m going back on Monday thought it would be great to print the picture out for some relatives there that would love it I’m sure.

The image is 23,861 x 2,362, which at 300 dpi should give me a 202 x 20cm picture.
You can see a small(ish) version of the pic here
http://www.thievingscouser.co.uk/panorama3_web.jpg

I setup a user defined paper type in the printer setup to use a roll of width: 2100 and height: 22000
I get this very strange result;
http://www.thievingscouser.co.uk/panorama3_print_screenshot. jpg

The print preview is showing exactly what it tries to print out. The picture has been shrunk to approximately half size and it starts the print about halfway along the image.

I’ve tried lowering the resolution thinking I could be hitting an data transfer limit, no luck. I tried making the height the maximum it would go, this had the effect of starting the print a little further along the image, but it was still way off and still shrunk.

Has anyone encountered this before? Or does anyone have any theories/tips they think could solve this?
It’s got me stumped, and my fiancees grandparents would love this picture as they don’t get out much anymore and with scenery like this on their doorstep it’s a shame to miss out.

Hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks,
Ed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

F
Farlo
Dec 7, 2003
"ThievingScouser" wrote:

The print preview is showing exactly what it tries to print out. The picture has been shrunk to approximately half size and it starts the print about halfway along the image.

Maybe you no longer have as much memory available in your printer as you used to have.

Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon
T
ThievingScouser
Dec 7, 2003
Thought I would let everyone know I found a workaround for this problem.

Don’t use Photoshop for really big panorama printing on my Epson printer. 🙁

I’ve been a photoshop user for about 8 years now and love the program, but there seems to be a problem with the windows version of Photoshop 7 and Epson 890 panorama printing. I tried it on 2 different machines 2000 and XP and exactly the same issue.

I tried different paper widths, and upto 90cm it was fine, but anything over that it would shrink the image and move it sideways off the paper. Very strange.

So I downloaded Paint Shop Pro 8 trial version and thought I’d give that a try, because if the same thing happened then it was a problem with the Epson drivers and not Photoshop. But lo and behold with exactly the same print quality and paper size settings it works fine in PSP.

I must say the print interface of PSP seems much better than Photoshop, with lots of adjustment options outside the printer driver.

I’ll stick with Photoshop for my photomanipulation, but will maybe see how I go with PSP for my printing needs from now on. 🙂

Ed
CC
Chris Cox
Dec 8, 2003
In article <OOJAb.6982$>,
ThievingScouser wrote:

Don’t use Photoshop for really big panorama printing on my Epson printer. 🙁

I’ve been a photoshop user for about 8 years now and love the program, but there seems to be a problem with the windows version of Photoshop 7 and Epson 890 panorama printing. I tried it on 2 different machines 2000 and XP and exactly the same issue.

Yes, and we’ve notified Epson of the problem but haven’t heard back about any fixes to their driver yet.

Chris
T
ThievingScouser
Dec 8, 2003
"Chris Cox" wrote
ThievingScouser wrote:

Don’t use Photoshop for really big panorama printing on my Epson
printer.
🙁

I’ve been a photoshop user for about 8 years now and love the program,
but
there seems to be a problem with the windows version of Photoshop 7 and Epson 890 panorama printing. I tried it on 2 different machines 2000 and
XP
and exactly the same issue.

Yes, and we’ve notified Epson of the problem but haven’t heard back about any fixes to their driver yet.

Chris

Hi Chris,
I was sure I couldn’t have been the first person this has happened to, glad to hear Epson have been informed.

Perversely, now that I’ve printed it out from PSP, the exact same picture and settings work from Photoshop. :-S

Ed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections