Posted By
finecur
Feb 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

anyone know how the different photoshop brushstrokes was implemented mathematically?

Thanks,
ff

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
ronviers
Feb 16, 2008
On Feb 15, 7:34 pm, finecur wrote:
Hi,

anyone know how the different photoshop brushstrokes was implemented mathematically?

Thanks,
ff

I think think strokes are just a convenient way to apply small monochrome bitmaps and that there is no difference between a stroke and adding another layer. IMO
F
finecur
Feb 23, 2008
On Feb 15, 7:44 pm, "" wrote:
On Feb 15, 7:34 pm, finecur wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
ff

I think think strokes are just a convenient way to apply small monochrome bitmaps and that there is no difference between a stroke and adding another layer. IMO

Thank you for your post.
I did not get what you said. Could you deliberate please?
R
ronviers
Feb 23, 2008
On Feb 22, 6:02 pm, finecur wrote:

I did not get what you said. Could you deliberate please?

Hi,
It was not a particularly helpful reply. When I first read the post I assumed you were referring to how a stroke gets blended to the underlying layers. I did not consider that you may be asking about things like scatter or color dynamics etc. I was just trying to rephrase the question in a way that might make it easier to find the answer. The question about the math behind blend modes comes up on occasion and usually this link:
http://www.pegtop.net/delphi/articles/blendmodes/

is provided as the answer. It is very helpful but it is over my head and I hear there are errors but I do not know what they are. If this is not what you’re looking for then post back with more specifics.

Good luck,
Ron

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections