Z
Posted By
zuzaoros
Feb 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anybody know, why the printscreen and putting into photoshop does not work? PC / VISTA / Photoshop 3
Thanks,
Zuzana

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

FA
Frank Arthur
Feb 13, 2008
wrote in message
Does anybody know, why the printscreen and putting into photoshop does
not work? PC / VISTA / Photoshop 3
Thanks,
Zuzana

Print Screen. Open MSPaint and save as a jpg. image. Now you can open it up in Photoshop.
K
KatWoman
Feb 13, 2008
wrote in message
Does anybody know, why the printscreen and putting into photoshop does not work? PC / VISTA / Photoshop 3
Thanks,
Zuzana

did you hold the control key while taking the print screen shot?? did you select file> new?

you have to open a doc to paste it into
J
jjs
Feb 14, 2008
If you are trying to capture a video, flash animation, etc. then it doesn’t work. Sometimes it will if you first turn off hardware acceleration. Surf for those issues.
EP
East photoshop
Feb 16, 2008
On Feb 13, 10:42 am, wrote:
Thanks,
Zuzana

Sometimes I have difficulty after having print screened, pasted several times. I then purge my clipboard or even restart photoshop and it always works then.
MV
Matti Vuori
Feb 16, 2008
wrote in news:eba09343-39f6-425b-b254-a0d200396a23
@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

Photoshop 3 was published in 1994. It is a small wonder that it even starts under Vista.
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 24, 2008
"Matti Vuori" wrote in message
wrote in news:eba09343-39f6-425b-b254-a0d200396a23
@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

Photoshop 3 was published in 1994. It is a small wonder that it even starts
under Vista.

You’re absolutely right. Very few people are running true PS v3 these days. So few that people usually mean CS3, or Elements 3 when they say Photoshop 3 in this group.

Re the printscreen function, I think Katwoman’s answer is going to be very useful to the OP. I would add that for more accurate colors, assign the display RGB profile to your screen capture image, and then convert to your favorite working profile – sRGB if you have no preference, or your work is going to the web.

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections