Posted By
Phil Latio
Jan 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

Very much a newbie with Photoshop and have been following a Joomla video on how to use Photoshop to create website templates. I have been having a go at it myself but got stuck on when importing images (a logo) into an existing PSD.

I can drag and drop a PNG graphic into (or onto) the PSD but it looks transparent and also does not get listed anywhere in the layer box. I have a couple of tutorials but they don’t make any mention of this and I am wondering what procedure I am omitting. The imported graphic looks always active too.

Any assistence would be great. While I am awaiting a reply, I am going to have a look through some of the links to tutorials mentioned in other posts on this newsgroup.

Cheers

Phil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PL
Phil Latio
Jan 29, 2008
"Phil Latio" wrote in message
Hi

Very much a newbie with Photoshop and have been following a Joomla video on how to use Photoshop to create website templates. I have been having a go at it myself but got stuck on when importing images (a logo) into an existing PSD.

I can drag and drop a PNG graphic into (or onto) the PSD but it looks transparent and also does not get listed anywhere in the layer box. I have a couple of tutorials but they don’t make any mention of this and I am wondering what procedure I am omitting. The imported graphic looks always active too.

Any assistence would be great. While I am awaiting a reply, I am going to have a look through some of the links to tutorials mentioned in other posts on this newsgroup.

No worries. I tried this again and the import worked fine. Not exactly sure what I was doing wrong to begin with but getting on fine now.

Cheers

Phil
K
KatWoman
Jan 29, 2008
Hi

No worries. I tried this again and the import worked fine. Not exactly sure what I was doing wrong to begin with but getting on fine now.
Cheers

Phil

just a hint
when you drag a new image onto an existing one it will make a new layer automatically
but it will make it above the active layer
so if you want it to go on the top layer, first select your uppermost layer then drag over the new one

(you may have hidden it from yourself the first time)

also when in move tool
you can choose if layers become selected when you click the objects in them or not

so when doing layout work this may be nicest choice
but for normal use I untick that box

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections