Posted By
Si
Dec 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, two questions.

1. If I want to print a borderless image from within Photoshop, is the simplest way to just make the image ever so slightly larger than the paper?

For example, for 6×4 paper should I make the image 6.1 inches by 4.1 inches?

2. If I do this, how can I stop Photoshop from telling me that clipping will occur?

Cheers,

Simon.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nomail
Dec 27, 2004
Si wrote:

1. If I want to print a borderless image from within Photoshop, is the simplest way to just make the image ever so slightly larger than the paper?

No. The easiest way is to say to Photoshop it should print at maximum size, and set borderless in the printerdriver.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
S
Si
Dec 27, 2004
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
Si wrote:

No. The easiest way is to say to Photoshop it should print at maximum size, and set borderless in the printerdriver.

Erm, what if the maximum size of the image is 12×8 inches and you’ve loaded 6×4 paper….?

Do you mean that I should make the image EXACTLY 6×4 and select borderless?

Si.
Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
BK
Brian K
Dec 28, 2004
Make image exactly 4*6. Untick "Scale to fit media" in PS. Choose "borderless" from your Printer’s menu.

Brian

"Si" wrote in message
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
Si wrote:

Erm, what if the maximum size of the image is 12×8 inches and you’ve loaded 6×4 paper….?

Do you mean that I should make the image EXACTLY 6×4 and select borderless?

Si.

S
Si
Dec 28, 2004
"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 > wrote in message
Make image exactly 4*6. Untick "Scale to fit media" in PS. Choose "borderless" from your Printer’s menu.

Brian

Cheers Brian.

However, PS still tells me that the image is larger than the paper’s printable area UNLESS I make the image 3.95 x 5.95 (or similar)….

Si.
BK
Brian K
Dec 28, 2004
That’s right Si. Ignore it and click Proceed. Borderless printing does overlap the paper edge by about 0.5 mm.

Brian

"Si" wrote in message
"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 > wrote in message

Brian

Cheers Brian.

However, PS still tells me that the image is larger than the paper’s printable area UNLESS I make the image 3.95 x 5.95 (or similar)….
Si.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections