Posted By
Roldan
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

I am working on a CD COVER design, (PS CS) and I am having a little problem: some of my text -paragraph- has a nice golden tone to it, but I need it to be pure white. This text has no special effects, not even bold or italic, etcetera. Some other text in the design is fine. although there are a lot of layers, the problematic text one is on top, with nothing in its way. As I type this message, it occur to me that perhaps is the type of font I am using (Amigo TYPE 1). As soon as I hit "enter" I will go ahead and use another font, to see if that’s the problem.

Thank you very much for any help rendered!

Roldan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 20, 2004
run adobe gamma from the control panel.
S
Stardancer
Apr 20, 2004
Hi Roldan,

Try this for pure white color:

From the tool box, click once on the ‘Set Foreground Color’ box toward the bottom.

In the color picker window, look to the bottom right. You’ll see the letters ‘R’, ‘G’, ‘B’, with numbers in the boxes. Put the number 255 in each box – press OK

That’s the purest white you can get.

Good luck,

Stardancer
R
Roldan
Apr 21, 2004
Hello again

Thanks for the reply, Stardancer, but I am still having the same problem. I seem to have all the right settings to get a simple white colored text but I am not getting it! As far as I know my monitor is correctly calibrated -besides, other text in the design is ok-white.

I thought that it may be the type of font that I am using so I replaced it with another (the venerable Arial) and I am still getting the same results. One thing though, it seems to be a problem with the font size: at larger sizes (over 20-24 points) it looks almost white (lightly opaque but "acceptable" nonetheless), but at lower sizes it becomes somewhat golden, like if I had applied a subtle golden shadow to it (which I haven’t).

This layer of text sits on top of all the rest. The image mode is CMYK

Two more things: when I select the offending text with the text tool and then deselect it with the object tool, for a fraction of a second the text becomes…WHITE! as it should!….and also, when I zoom into it, the text looks white…but when I go back to "fit on screen" or print a sample at normal/or high resolution, I get this mellow/yellowish/whitish text on my deep red (C9%M100%Y100%K14%) background.

I hope you guys/gals can help me with this problem, as I have a deadline and would like to present a decent job to my customer….

Thank you very, VERY much!!!

Roldan
RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 21, 2004
What are the layer settings for the non-white text layers (lighten, screen etc…)?
IJ
Ingmar_Jense
Apr 21, 2004
Try duplicating one of the text layers which is showing pure white and retyping the text which you want.
Or if all else fails type it in Illustrator and import it to Photoshop.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 21, 2004
any viewing not at 100% may not be accurate. does it look correct at 100%? does it print correctly?
DP
Donkey_Punch
Apr 21, 2004

[EDIT: I just re-read your problem, and my answer was definitely incorrect]

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections