NS
Posted By
Nate_Stevens
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have used PS 7 on PC some time ago. I use PS 7 on Mac currently. Whenever I create a jpg for a website, AOL chooses certain ones to blur. Explorer and Navigator always performed well but it’s viewing it in AOL that makes some of the images not crisp and I have even seen others that try to incorporate lots of text into their jpgs and they are totally unreadble due to the AOL burp. Anyone know what’s what?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
larry
Apr 19, 2004
You can put instructions on your web site on how to turn off AOL’s default compression: <http://artwebworks.com/imagecompress/aol.htm>

Larry Berman
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 20, 2004
Those crummy images are the source of the .art files that people get when they download with AOL browser. AOL server side stuff crushes the files you upload to even smaller (and crummy looking) file sizes in this proprietary format. For faster display on dialup.

Mac

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections