Posted By
Robert A
Dec 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Group:

I downloaded the new Camera Raw 2.4 beta, and I notice that it does not recognize B&W conversions done in-camera from the 20D. Now, I know this isn’t the ideal way to render B&W images, but I wondered just the same if this is a feature that ACR should/will provide in the future.

Thanks,
Robert A

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JD
John Doe
Dec 19, 2004
You have to remember that RAW images are simply the RAW data right from the CMOS sensor of the 20D. The black and white an other effects the 20D can do are do post processing in camera. So they do not show with the RAW images only with the JPG. You will always get a color image with RAW files.

If you want a nifty tutorial for converting to black and white take a look at http://www.russellbrown.com, click on tips and techniques and then scroll down to Seeing in Black & White. It is a very cool tutorial.

John
RA
Robert A
Dec 19, 2004
Yes, I have studied his and other tutorials on the subject at length. My question surrounded the subject of whether a RAW converter such as ACR could pickup all the conversion settings that came from the camera itself. For instance, ACR does pickup color temperature from the camera.

Robert A

John Doe wrote:
You have to remember that RAW images are simply the RAW data right from the CMOS sensor of the 20D. The black and white an other effects the 20D can do are do post processing in camera. So they do not show with the RAW images only with the JPG. You will always get a color image with RAW files.
If you want a nifty tutorial for converting to black and white take a look at http://www.russellbrown.com, click on tips and techniques and then scroll down to Seeing in Black & White. It is a very cool tutorial.
John

JD
John Doe
Dec 20, 2004
It won’t if it did that wouldn’t be a RAW image. You need to understand that a RAW image is simply the RAW unprocessed in any way what-so-ever data from the CMOS sensor. The other things are done post-processing in the camera so are not included in the RAW image. That is the whole point, you can make these adjustments your self and with much greater control.

John

"Robert A" wrote in message
Yes, I have studied his and other tutorials on the subject at length. My question surrounded the subject of whether a RAW converter such as ACR could pickup all the conversion settings that came from the camera itself. For instance, ACR does pickup color temperature from the camera.
Robert A

John Doe wrote:

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections