PW
Posted By
Paulie Walnuts
Apr 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photo that is dark that I would like to lighten. I’ve gone into layers, created a duplicate, and used the screen mode. This helps but the photo still needs to be lightened. Where else should I go? Advice is appreciated…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Jim
Apr 18, 2004
If the original is a slide or negative film, adjust the analog gain of the scanner. There still might not be enough tones to permit acquiring a good image.

Levels adjustment to reset the white point, gray point, and black point. Curves to adjust the intermediate tones.

Jim
"Paulie Walnuts" wrote in message
I have a photo that is dark that I would like to lighten. I’ve gone into layers, created a duplicate, and used the screen mode. This helps but the photo still needs to be lightened. Where else should I go? Advice is appreciated…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections