R
Posted By
Rayn
Dec 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need a program for making gif animated banners. Preferably something not too complicated, but with enough options and build-in transition effects.
Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Joe
Dec 15, 2007
Rayn wrote:

I need a program for making gif animated banners. Preferably something not too complicated, but with enough options and build-in transition effects.
Thanks

All animated GIF programs are pretty much similar to each other so you won’t have much to learn. But making the (animated) frames, keeping the size small, transparent frame etc. that require some skill, technique, and that is something animated GIF program can’t do.

Transition effect? you may want to Google for something like XARA or similar which I used to toy with it years ago. And Animated GIF I used to use Ulead GIF Animator (?), the FRAMES I use Photoshop.
R
Rayn
Dec 15, 2007
Yeah.. you’re right. I downloaded gif animator and made a small banner that turned out 200kb in size.. I made the basic animation in photoshop, and did the transition effects in gif animator. Even got it down to 64 colors, but still huge. I’m guessing there’s a way to make a gif’s background a fixed image and have only the text animated, but i have no idea how to do that.. any tips?

Joe wrote:
Rayn wrote:

Thanks

All animated GIF programs are pretty much similar to each other so you won’t have much to learn. But making the (animated) frames, keeping the size small, transparent frame etc. that require some skill, technique, and that is something animated GIF program can’t do.

Transition effect? you may want to Google for something like XARA or similar which I used to toy with it years ago. And Animated GIF I used to use Ulead GIF Animator (?), the FRAMES I use Photoshop.
R
Rayn
Dec 15, 2007
Almost forgot.. what’s the best alternative to gif banners? Flash? And if so, what software is good for it?
thx

Rayn wrote:
Yeah.. you’re right. I downloaded gif animator and made a small banner that turned out 200kb in size.. I made the basic animation in photoshop, and did the transition effects in gif animator. Even got it down to 64 colors, but still huge. I’m guessing there’s a way to make a gif’s background a fixed image and have only the text animated, but i have no idea how to do that.. any tips?

Joe wrote:
Rayn wrote:

Thanks

All animated GIF programs are pretty much similar to each other so you
won’t have much to learn. But making the (animated) frames, keeping the size small, transparent frame etc. that require some skill, technique, and
that is something animated GIF program can’t do.

Transition effect? you may want to Google for something like XARA or similar which I used to toy with it years ago. And Animated GIF I used to
use Ulead GIF Animator (?), the FRAMES I use Photoshop.
J
Jerry
Dec 15, 2007
Xara Webstyle is an excellent software for making banners and many other similar items. I have had problems at times getting it to install properly, however, Xara has always fixed the problem.

"Rayn" wrote in message
I need a program for making gif animated banners. Preferably something not too complicated, but with enough options and build-in transition effects. Thanks
K
KatWoman
Dec 16, 2007
"Rayn" wrote in message
I need a program for making gif animated banners. Preferably something not too complicated, but with enough options and build-in transition effects. Thanks

assuming you are in PS group b/c you have PS and that you already did the art in that program and have the layers

you had the ruby slippers all the time

Photoshop can make animated gif
in CS with image ready
in later version -not sure but direct in PS menus

get the frames/animation palette on
use layers to turn off and on in each frame what you want to show choose time for each frame to show
transition (tween menu) etc
save optimized as GIF
can also export to SWF (shockwave)
R
Rayn
Dec 17, 2007
Thanks dude. This is exellent news.. had no idea.
I do use PS (made the basic anim. in it), but rarely opened image ready untill now. Will try it out.

KatWoman wrote:
"Rayn" wrote in message

assuming you are in PS group b/c you have PS and that you already did the art in that program and have the layers

you had the ruby slippers all the time

Photoshop can make animated gif
in CS with image ready
in later version -not sure but direct in PS menus

get the frames/animation palette on
use layers to turn off and on in each frame what you want to show choose time for each frame to show
transition (tween menu) etc
save optimized as GIF
can also export to SWF (shockwave)

R
Rayn
Dec 17, 2007
Rayn wrote:
Thanks dude.

My bad 😀
Thank you, miss 😉
K
KatWoman
Dec 17, 2007
"Rayn" wrote in message
Rayn wrote:
Thanks dude.

My bad 😀
Thank you, miss

yes not a dude

good luck

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections